Options

Internetwork Expert Dynamips Workbook

CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
Has anybody used this to study? I know it won't be able to do all the layer 2 tasks, however, it should be able to perform everything at layer 3. Does anyone have any feedback on this workbook? looks like it has 20 different labs. I was thinking about getting it and using it while I save up some money to buy some 3550's. thanks for your help.

Comments

• Options
    CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    wow, can't believe no one responded here. we'll, just to let you guys know i picked it up and it looks like the labs are the same as workbook 2, just with less layer 2 stuff. right now i'm using narbik's gap from ccnp to ccie book and it is pretty good.
  • Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think the reason no one responded would be because no one who read your post has used the product.

I personally have never used it but I can assure you that you need to be rock solid on the ridging and switching topics for the lab or you will not pass. If you are planning on picking up some switches in the future that should help but I wouldn't rely on a workbook that has been dumbed down to work with dynamips.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Agree with dtlokee. I don't use dynamips myself. It's real equipment at home or remote racks for me. You will need to be **** hot on switching to cope with the lab so don't rely on this workbook to get you through. Actually, don't rely on workbooks fullstop. Workbooks provide an illustration of how various technologies can be used so try a couple of different vendors. They are very useful but you need lots of supplementary work. You will want to augment your workbook time with configured examples from Cisco Press books and the cisco website. Also do lots of technology reading from both sources.

Books..

Solie,
    Duggan,
    Doyle,
    Odom,
    Kennedy Clark,
    Halibi

Cisco Systems, Inc for DocCD and examples.