Congratulations royal!

astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere, but long-time TechExams member royal was named a Microsoft MVP (Exchange Server: Architecture) for 2009 for his efforts in the Exchange community.

Congrats! icon_thumright.gif

Comments

• KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats to Royal, but does he want his picture posted? :D
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks. My friend sent out something similar to the entire MS team at my company (over 150 people on this distribution list). Couldn't believe that!

And ya, I don't care if you guys see what I look like.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Very cool, congrats!!
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,570 Mod
    great news, all the best
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
    congrats!

What's an MVP?

I didn't know your playing with NBA. :))
    No Sacrifice, No Victory.
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Naw, he's quarterbacking the Chicago Bears...
    Good luck to all!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Not at all surprising ;)

Congratulations!
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    What's an MVP?
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals (MVPs) are exceptional technical community leaders from around the world who are awarded for voluntarily sharing their high quality, real world expertise in offline and online technical communities. Microsoft MVPs are a highly select group of experts that represents the technical community's best and brightest, and they share a deep commitment to community and a willingness to help others.

MVPs represent a broad spectrum of Microsoft product users. They occupy many different professions including accountants, teachers, artists, engineers and technologists. MVPs reside in over 90 countries, represent 30 different languages, and cover more than 90 Microsoft technologies.

MVPs tend to be early adopters of new technology and actively communicate their experiences to millions of other technology users. Through their extensive community activity, MVPs help others solve problems and discover new capabilities, helping people get the maximum value from their technology.

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats royal. As dynamik said, this is not at all surprising. It's fair to say that the MVP title for Elan had been due for a while.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
    astorrs wrote: »
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professionals (MVPs) are exceptional technical community leaders from around the world who are awarded for voluntarily sharing their high quality, real world expertise in offline and online technical communities. Microsoft MVPs are a highly select group of experts that represents the technical community's best and brightest, and they share a deep commitment to community and a willingness to help others.

MVPs represent a broad spectrum of Microsoft product users. They occupy many different professions including accountants, teachers, artists, engineers and technologists. MVPs reside in over 90 countries, represent 30 different languages, and cover more than 90 Microsoft technologies.

MVPs tend to be early adopters of new technology and actively communicate their experiences to millions of other technology users. Through their extensive community activity, MVPs help others solve problems and discover new capabilities, helping people get the maximum value from their technology.

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

I was just making fun with royals style like "what's fdisk?
    No Sacrifice, No Victory.
    I was just making fun with royals style like "what's fdisk?
    Wow, I can't believe I missed that... good one! icon_thumright.gif
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Rock on! Congrats Royal, that's quite a accomplishment.

Pardon me for my ignorance, but how many other Techexam members are MVP's? Just curious...
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
    Pardon me for my ignorance, but how many other Techexam members are MVP's? Just curious...
    I'm not aware of any others.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congratulations Royal! bowing.gif Even more proud now to have you on this board.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    hmmm, swore I posted already, but either way Congrats on such an achievement!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
    snadam wrote: »
    hmmm, swore I posted already, but either way Congrats on such an achievement!

http://www.techexams.net/forums/announcement.php?f=19
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□

o man. Don't show him that. You could have had a lot of fun with that. :)
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
    Mishra wrote: »
    o man. Don't show him that. You could have had a lot of fun with that. :)

Yeah, I was almost going to tell Snadam he's just going crazy. But I figured he already knew that. icon_wink.gif
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    you should have taken advantage of my ignorance :D
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Silver BulletSilver Bullet Member Posts: 676 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice accomplishment royal... congrats!
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Posting congrats (again, I lost some posts from the maintenance)... you have certainly earned it! Here's hoping some of that knowledge and dedication will rub off on the rest of us plebs.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Nice! Congratulations on getting MVP. Did you get a jacket like astorrs? :D
  • Gabe7055Gabe7055 Member Posts: 158
    Awesome Job Royal!!

Congrats on your accomplishment!!
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    that's seriously very impressive, way to go!
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
    tiersten wrote: »
    Did you get a jacket like astorrs? :D
    FYI that jacket is now keeping some homeless person warm(ish) this winter...
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    until it blue screens of course...

Edit: thought for sure I had a congrats post in this thread... Anyway, congrats! icon_cheers.gif
    Good luck to all!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    HeroPsycho wrote: »
    until it blue screens of course...

Hm, conjuring up images of blue and death when discussing homeless people in the winter. Nice ;)
    HeroPsycho wrote: »
    Edit: thought for sure I had a congrats post in this thread... Anyway, congrats! icon_cheers.gif

A few posts were wiped out in last night's maintenance. I asked him about his involvement with the MS community, and he said he only has about 100 posts with them, spends more time on TE and his blog, his blog was the main reason for earning the MVP, and his OCS deployment tutorials were cutting-edge and many used them for their own deployments. That's me paraphrasing of course; hopefully I got that right.

Congrats again!
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Schweet, congrats royal! icon_thumright.gif

Does this mean we have to fill our Microsoft-related questions out in triplicate and add a healthy bribe to each thread in order for him to answer us? icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I'm late as ever, but wtg Royal - very deserved indeed
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    and he said he only has about 100 posts with them, spends more time on TE and his blog, his blog was the main reason for earning the MVP, and his OCS deployment tutorials were cutting-edge and many used them for their own deployments. That's me paraphrasing of course; hopefully I got that right.

Congrats again!

Close. 100 newsgroup posts with about 700 on m***change.org forums. Other than that just the blog and TE.

And thanks again!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks