Options

Passed 70-431

eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
Q's:982
Sims: 940

No specific advice that I can provide that's different than what Microsoft already states. The MS Press book, having delivered a couple of customer SQL Server 2005 and T-SQL classes last year, and some hands on SQL Server 2005 work were my study materials.

Did anyone else think that the sims were ridiculously easy? I was surprised because I always expect the sims to be pretty difficult. I think one other poster mentioned something about not even giving a general description for fear of violating the NDA...I think I would agree.

70-443 is next...currently scheduled for Wednesday.

MS

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Very nice scores, congratulations!
  • Options
    GrynderGrynder Member Posts: 106
    Congrats,
    I have been getting ready for this exam for a while now. Just need to find 2 weeks to buckle down and get this done
  • Options
    jbrown414jbrown414 Member Posts: 230
    I didn't do so well on the sims so I can't say they were easy but they were simple if that makes since. I'm slowly working through the 70-443. I plan on sitting it in less than a month so I'll keep an eye out on how you do.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congrats on the pass, and good luck with the 70-443 exam. :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    I didnt think the sims were easy because it wasnt clear what to pull out of the questions what work needed to be done for me. The tasks, once understanding what you needed to do, were not difficult...just that MS coded question crap.
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    brad- wrote: »
    I didnt think the sims were easy because it wasnt clear what to pull out of the questions what work needed to be done for me. The tasks, once understanding what you needed to do, were not difficult...just that MS coded question crap.

I think I can agree with that. Once you pull out the meat of what they're asking the tasks were relatively simple.

MS
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    Let me know how you do with the 443. I considered studying for that but did not. I think to embark on that I would need the Nugget package which I'm hesitant to spend that much money on.
  • Options
    jbrown414jbrown414 Member Posts: 230
    brad- wrote: »

I'm going to quote you again here brad- as this held true for me as well.
  • Options
    f3z81f3z81 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    eMeS wrote: »
    Q's:982
    Sims: 940

No specific advice that I can provide that's different than what Microsoft already states. The MS Press book, having delivered a couple of customer SQL Server 2005 and T-SQL classes last year, and some hands on SQL Server 2005 work were my study materials.

Did anyone else think that the sims were ridiculously easy? I was surprised because I always expect the sims to be pretty difficult. I think one other poster mentioned something about not even giving a general description for fear of violating the NDA...I think I would agree.

70-443 is next...currently scheduled for Wednesday.

MS

Apologies for opening up and old thread, but I will be sitting the 431 shortly (once I get the 284 out the road).

I have a silly question eMeS:

You posted scores of Q's:982 & Sims: 940 – Is the exam format different from say the 290, 291. Where the exam is built up of mainly questions and a few sims thrown in?

Great score none the less, bet u were well pleased.
    2011:

CCNA April / May (Hopefully)

ITIL v3
    Prince2
    MCTS Windows 7

Then Rest! :thumbup: