70-284 Done! W00p Yea!

Graham_84Graham_84 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
Finally MCSE, left this one to do till last! 790, not the greatest score but only studied for 2 days as my plan of doing loads over christmas never happened. Plus new call of duty game out! Exam wasnt too bad! Some tricky bits on clustering. But then some very easy questions on recipient policies and distribution groups. Still rate 70-293 the hardest in my track.

Any suggestions on the MCITP Enterprise upgrade. Just bought 70-620 book to cover vista. Gonna be a bit of a ball ache going back to client OS.
Currently having a break after the MCITP:EA. Citrix or Cisco next, not sure!

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!

I think you'll find 620 to be a nice change of pace. It'll be a breeze compared to what you've just gone through.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats man
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congrats on the pass, and your new MCSE title. Good luck with those Vista studies.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    great job. Bene on 70-284 for a couple of months now and failed it my first time. hard exam.
    -Daniel
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats, dude. Welcome to the ranks!
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats on the pass and your MCSE!

You only studied for 2 day, do you run an exchange server at work? (I'm assuming so) How long have you worked with exchange? ....Just curious because I am thinking of taking this sometime this year. I have administered an exchange server for a few years now so I'm hoping I wouldn't be too hard (though, I know I couldn't match your 2 days icon_wink.gif)
    Graham_84 wrote: »
    .....Still rate 70-293 the hardest in my track.

Amen to that!
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Graham_84Graham_84 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It wasnt too hard, When i started studying for my MCSE 6 months ago, i already had a very good technical background. So was fairly confident with most aspects. I failed 70-297 twice as this was just so so hard. So many answers in case studies fitted answer so did 70-298 as my design and passed by miles. Anyway back to exchange. The hardest questions were interoperabilty with other systems. Routing groups and public folder structures and referals. The company i work for to be honest is like an SBS factory. So learning about ca's and modifying ad schema etc was just unheard of. So the exchange im used to is the standard edition with sbs. I do know full product but have never used enterprise with multiple stores and admin groups / routing groups etc. But if you confident with the main workings of exchange and tools like eseutil / isinteg etc then the additional stuff is easy.

I did buy the MS Press book but due to time constraints borrowed my mates Testout CD. Always had great feedback about testout though the guy who did exchange differed from rest and was so dull, so not gonna rave about this particular course
    Currently having a break after the MCITP:EA. Citrix or Cisco next, not sure!