Information Security Handbook

coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey All,

I just happened to get my hands on a book called "Information Security Management Handbook", 6th Edition. It appears that it is a must have book for InfoSec people, it has been printed over an over since it's first release.

But, the book is 3000+ pages, this is huge. Just wanted to check if anyone of guys have come across or actually read it?

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've seen it mentioned a few times in CISSP study threads. I haven't read it, but it looks interesting. Maybe that'll be a project for 2010. Let us know what you think of it.
  • coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik, no wonder you have seen in the CISSP threads; because it basically maps up to all the CBK domains, but it discusses them in a greater detail. I will definitely let you know what I think of it, but I am not getting all over it any time soon, have to learn a lot of tech stuff before I jump on this, but I might be using this as a reference from time to time.

I am planning to use this as a reference book for CISSP preparation; hopefully next year.
  • KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    3000 pages !!!

OMG

That's got to be getting near a tree per copy isn't it ?
    Kam.
    Just to figure out how long it would take me to finish this book once I actually start reading it; if I 33 pages everyday, it would take me 3 months to finish this book. That is going to take some dedication.
  • pwjohnstonpwjohnston Member Posts: 441
    coffeeking wrote: »
    the book is 3000+ pages, this is huge.

Jeebus 3000 pages. Dostoyevsky would be proud.
    For you guys who are interested in this book; I looked into it in a bit more detail and this book is basically a collection of like 50+ contributing authors. All of them have written either an experience or research article on different topics, but this is all real world scenario and not just plain theory, which makes it easier to relate to and you can map a lot of things that go around in your workplace, pretty nice.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Cool. Thanks for the feedback.

I'm expecting a full report in two weeks ;)
    Hahaha! I would love to have it finished in 2 weeks, I can't even imagine the wealth of knowledge I can obtain having read the whole thing. I might actually keep updating this thread from time to time just for the sake of an update on the book.

For right now I need to concentrate on preparing and taking an exam, my signature doesn't have any certs, got to get a couple in there.