Dell SBS 2003 isos

jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
We cannot find the CDs anywhere , does someone have the isos somewhere ?

We tried the OEM disks but the key won't work icon_sad.gif
My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p

Comments

• blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You should contact Dell if you have a supported system that came with SBS 2003. They should be able to provide you new media.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Did that anyway - customer just has a dead server which we need to bring back as soon as possible.
  • WanBoy67WanBoy67 Member Posts: 225
    If you are in dire straits and need to get the system up and running fast you could try oembios.net

I've installed Win XP Pro with a different manufacturers disc and a known dodgy serial, finished the installation and then replaced the oembios.cat, oembios.bin, oembios.inf, oembios.sig files, log on to Microsoft update. Bob's your mother's brother. Worked a treat, same as if I had used the manufacturers disc.

Don't forget to replace those files in the C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache also! You'll have to untick the Hide protected OS files in folder options to see the folder.

Whether it works for your SBS 2003 disc is another matter, but it is maybe worth a try if you are really stuck. Otherwise get replacement media sent out ASAP.
    Yes we can, yes we can...
    WanBoy67 wrote: »
    If you are in dire straits and need to get the system up and running fast you could try oembios.net

I've installed Win XP Pro with a different manufacturers disc and a known dodgy serial, finished the installation and then replaced the oembios.cat, oembios.bin, oembios.inf, oembios.sig files, log on to Microsoft update. Bob's your mother's brother. Worked a treat, same as if I had used the manufacturers disc.

Don't forget to replace those files in the C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache also! You'll have to untick the Hide protected OS files in folder options to see the folder.

Whether it works for your SBS 2003 disc is another matter, but it is maybe worth a try if you are really stuck. Otherwise get replacement media sent out ASAP.

Thanks, would try if it is one of our server. But since it is a customer server we don't do anything we won't be able to support :):)

Cheers tho - bookmarked for further reference ..
  • WanBoy67WanBoy67 Member Posts: 225
    If you have access to the old server hard drive you can copy the original files which were used on the original installation CD. Then if you use makecab to compress the files you can overwrite the existing files on the ISO image of your current discs. Then boot as normal and it won't ask for any serial number during the installation. It will work or it won't, but I can understand your hesitation. HTH.

http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/29/
    Yes we can, yes we can...
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I hope they're not blaming you for not being able to get this thing going dude. I've been in this boat before. They ended up having to buy another OEM copy of whatever version of Windows they were running to get back online because they lost their disks and we didn't happen to have copies laying around.

As a good practice, if I sell someone a server or support them a lot I make copies of all their CD's and keep them somewhere safe, but I'm sure you probably already do that.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If it comes down to having to buy new media, just buy a Technet subscription and download the media. However, I believe those only work with OEM keys, so you might be out of luck if they had a retail one.
    dynamik wrote: »
    If it comes down to having to buy new media, just buy a Technet subscription and download the media. However, I believe those only work with OEM keys, so you might be out of luck if they had a retail one.

Nah no good - technet cannot be used in production. We ordered a new media (£15) which should arrive hopefully soon ..

Thanks for the tips tho ..
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I know, but you still have the original license and CD-key, right? You're not going to be violating anything if you just use the media.