Comments

• Options
    RS_MCPRS_MCP Member Posts: 352
    GREAT STUDY NOTES!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

ARE YOU ADDING ANY MORE? :)
  • Options
    nandrewsnandrews Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for all your hard work, Webmaster. These guides are proving more helpful than the Microsoft and ExamCram books combined. I'll be taking my 70-290 exam on June 23rd and have recieved an incredible boost! Much appreciation and adoration to you!
  • Options
    tlpwwxtlpwwx Inactive Imported Users Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for putting this information into a well-written and concise form. The information is completely accurate minus all of the typos in the MOC texts. :)
    To those studying for the exam; resources like this will be of great benefit to you.
    TLPWWX
    "ad astra per alia porci" ( To the moon on the wings of a pig)-John Steinbeck
  • Options
    ronpasa69ronpasa69 Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dude, you are so awesome to be providing the well organized material covering the objectives for 70-290. Thank you so much. icon_bounce.gif
  • Options
    geeveegeevee Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you so much for these notes, I've just decided to try the 290 before the client exam (I can't decide on XP or Vista!!!) so these will be a great extra help in my studies!

You are a star sir! :D
  • Options
    bschwartzbschwartz Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the information. I am also studying for the 70-270, 70-290, and 70-291
    Future WIP 70-621, MCAS
  • Options
    surfthegeckosurfthegecko Member Posts: 149
    Perfect reading material.
    I have read 2 of the 4 so far and both have clarified the topics in 6 pages(each) far better than the 40/50 pages Sybex or MSPress books take to do the same thing.

Thanks.

I dont suppose I can have my cake and eat it too,......
    Any chance you happen to have an snapshot document on IIS?
  • Options
    DaggedDagged Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    it's probably a remnant dead link from the recent unscheduled site redux...
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    ThunderPipeThunderPipe Member Posts: 120
    WebMaster...please help.icon_cry.gif
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Hi guys, sorry, missed the replies on this topic.

The printerfriendly versions of (all) our TechNotes are currently not available. Most of them, including the 70-290, will be available again after the weekend, the rest within about 10 days, probably on Feb 2nd. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

Johan
  • Options
    DaggedDagged Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You don't need to apologise, you did outstanding job :)
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for putting up with us and keeping this venue openly available to us all! :)
  • Options
    RoqRoq Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    ysfsearcherysfsearcher Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    icon_thumright.gif geat job for this
    I wonder what is the best material to prepare for the exam.
    By your experience the best is it :
    1- 70-290 - Sybex 2003 Environment Management and Maintenance
    2- 70-290 Managing and Maintaining a Windows Server 2003 Environment
    3- Testout 290

My factory is already working with 2003 and the OS client is windows2000 sooner they will migrate to vista - I'm alreay certified on 70-620.

I'm new hire and i need to understand the 2003 very well

Please advice me
  • Options
    qcomerqcomer Member Posts: 142
    The printer friendly versions are still not working...any info?icon_study.gif
  • Options
    SrSysAdminSrSysAdmin Member Posts: 259
    qcomer wrote: »
    The printer friendly versions are still not working...any info?icon_study.gif

They work for me mate.
    Current Certifications:

* B.S. in Business Management
    * Sec+ 2008
    * MCSA

Currently Studying for:
    * 70-293 Maintaining a Server 2003 Network

Future Plans:

* 70-294 Planning a Server 2003 AD
    * 70-297 Designing a Server 2003 AD
    * 70-647 Server 2008
    * 70-649 MCSE to MCITP:EA
  • Options
    qcomerqcomer Member Posts: 142
    Only one that is working is "managing groups" , all the rest are 404 not found.
  • Options
    levarlevar Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    same here, please fix this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    All of the links are working for me. I'm not sure why it isn't for you guys.
  • Options
    levarlevar Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    xmalachi wrote: »
    All of the links are working for me. I'm not sure why it isn't for you guys.

I get a 404 whenever I click on "Members-only Printer-friendly version" the only one working is "Managing Groups" but I just went ahead and printed the others not really a big deal just a waste of ink icon_redface.gif
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Samurai004Samurai004 Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    levar wrote: »
    I get a 404 whenever I click on "Members-only Printer-friendly version" the only one working is "Managing Groups" but I just went ahead and printed the others not really a big deal just a waste of ink icon_redface.gif

All of the printer-friendly links are working for me too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    All of the printer-friendly links are working for me too.

Previously the printer friendly links weren't working. I made the mistake of thinking that he was just talking about the links to the Notes. They are working now though icon_cheers.gif
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Just reading through the Remote dekstop one. I could be wrong here, but I thought remote desktop was enabled by default. I'll have to check when I get home tonight.

Enable or disable Remote Desktop: Terminal Services Client (Remote Desktop)

It is disabled by default. Towards the bottom of this article it states that.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If Technet says it, it must be true.

Thanks for the link
  • Options
    asinghlibranasinghlibran Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    icon_lol.gif

Could anyone plz explain what'z the difference between the NTFS PERMISSIONS: Read and List Folder Contents. They sort of basically have the same function..... do they!!!!
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    icon_lol.gif

Could anyone plz explain what'z the difference between the NTFS PERMISSIONS: Read and List Folder Contents. They sort of basically have the same function..... do they!!!!
    Not exactly
    READ
    Read permission allows a user to read the files, list the contents of folders, subfolders and volumes, and read the attributes, permissions and ownership. A user with only Read permission will not able to change the contents of the file or folder
    LIST CONTENTS
    List Contents permission applies to folders only. It allows user to read files and list the contents of folders and volumes. Users with this permissions can see the files and folders, but cannot read or modify them nor can the create new files and folders
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    james brincatjames brincat Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I’m starting to study by myself mcsa by downloading notes buy books etc. Then next year, I am planning to go to a private school. Any one can give any suggestion which books are the best please.

• Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    MSpress books are good. The self study kit is pretty good too.
  • Options
    stratos201stratos201 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank You for the technotes for 290 plan on testing in the next month