Ghosting CS2 help

Darian929Darian929 Member Posts: 197
Good morning techy's, today one of the teachers came up to me asking me to install adobe cs2 on here lab and the teacher next door also. That's no problem , my question is how can I install it on all machines all at once, since there are prob 40+ machines in each lab and would take me a couple of days to install one by one and I know that would be the dumbest way to do it. I do know that the school has a little server with Norton ghost on it, would i need to go to that server and make an image of the disk and distribute it onto all the machines??? If so can anyone explain to me how to do that since iv'e never used norton ghost, or know of a tutorial on how to do it. Thanks in advance, Darian.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Are you installing the entire OS, other applications, and CS2, or just CS2? Ghost is used to image entire drives/partitions, so unless you're doing everything, you wouldn't use Ghost for this. Are you in an Active Directory domain? Does the installer come in an .msi file? You can deploy it with group policy.
  • Darian929Darian929 Member Posts: 197
    no im not ghosting the entire drive with os.... i ust want to send out cs2 to about 70 computers... whats the simplest way to do it?? also another question ive been wanting to ask is how would I changed the passwords to all the machines in my school??? would it be through the active directory list and if so... how would i do it... reason is these kdis know the admin paswords sometimes and I would like to change it every 15 or 30 days.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You might want to read over this: http://www.acrobatusers.com/forums/aucbb/viewtopic.php?id=2568

It's for Acrobat, but other CS2 products will be similar. Be sure to check out the links they reference as well.

It depends if those accounts are local or domain accounts. If they're local, you'd have to do that on every machine. If not, use AD. You can control who is a member of the local administrators group with the restrictive groups group policy setting.