Must have been the most painful day for me

jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
Finally connected both arms over the back ...

voy4yd.png

The "all in one"

2m7ads9.png
My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p

Comments

• aordalaordal Member Posts: 372
    thats pretty sweet man. i bet getting those tats on the shoulder blades and across the spine was pretty painful
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That is an awesome tattoo.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Yowza, that's a big un! I like the flow of the overall "picture." So how long did each piece take? My hubbie has a big mama tat on the bottom 1/3-1/2 of his back that took a whopping FOUR HOURS. Both he and the tattoo artist were turning colors by the end! He's been hinting that he wants to get another one (he's got 6 so far), and he might use something that I drew...either a semi-tribal-style bird or an interlaced/knotted heart, but not quite sure how they would translate to skin as they're both pretty detailed and would either take an incredibly skilled hand/fine-lining or a blown-up sizing (either way, that translates to EXPENSIVE!!!).
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks for the nice comments guys :)

The tattoo artist is indeed awesome .. This one was the first he did (7 years ago):

5ydhxf.jpg

It is the only one made from a stencil .. Even if it was small - I liked how he did it and even more important - how clean his studio is / was (he even wears a mouth protection thing). I think that small one took like an hour ..

Three years later I asked him to do "something" around that small one .. I gave him the "power" to do it freehand / freestyle. Basically he started off with a biro :)

I loved it ... so the right arm took about 7 hours (the whole thing including his imagination lol).

Then I THINK a year ago (or two) he did the left arm .. again - freestyle to make sure it fits the same style ... took about 5 hours from start to finish ...

The backpiece was made on the 30th of December .. took three hours in total .. he got quite quick and yet he is perfectionist ..

It was done in my home town in Germany but I don't live there anymore so I had to fly over there every time I got a tattoo ..

He is so brilliant that it is hard to get an appointment...I gave my dad a tattoo voucher for chrimbo but the next appointment (one hour sitting) is on the 27th of May !!!!!!
    aordal wrote: »
    thats pretty sweet man. i bet getting those tats on the shoulder blades and across the spine was pretty painful

Well for some reason I didn't feel anything on the spine area .. Was just like rubbing with the finger tip over it .. but the shoulder blades were the most uncomfortable area... Although having said that - you cannot really say WHICH part hurts more as further into the session the skin reacts differently so you cannot really say ... I think it simply depends on where he starts and finishes ...
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Weak. Let me know when you get a full sleeve ;)

Seriously though, that is pretty cool.

I'd like to get some ink done, but I'm so fickle that I'm afraid I wouldn't be happy with whatever I got a few years later.
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    dynamik wrote: »
    I'd like to get some ink done, but I'm so fickle that I'm afraid I wouldn't be happy with whatever I got a few years later.
    Same here...or at least that's my excuse. (Sounds better than "I'm not sure I can handle the pain"!!icon_redface.gif)
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
    dynamik wrote: »
    Weak. Let me know when you get a full sleeve ;)

Seriously though, that is pretty cool.

haha :P

My personal rule is though : No tattoo visible when wearing a t-shirt.

I want to be able to hide them wearing short clothes .... you NEVER know where you apply for a job .. tattoos are more and more common nowadays .. but like I say - you never know.. Besides, I don't like "confusing" tattoos .. mixed styles and whatnot .... I do think those tattoos are my last .. the only place I could imagine having some would be maybe chest . but that would mean waxing :P ... thanks but no thanks lol ...
  • deadpool287deadpool287 Member Posts: 113
    Gomjaba wrote: »
    the only place I could imagine having some would be maybe chest . but that would mean waxing :P ... thanks but no thanks lol ...

you definitely just made my realize the tattoo im getting
    sc-027_web-lg.jpg

is not going to work in the spot i want it. from my right shoulder blade over the shoulder to the chest.

I thank you for making me realize i'd have to do jsut that. guess its going on my back then.
    is not going to work in the spot i want it. from my right shoulder blade over the shoulder to the chest.

I thank you for making me realize i'd have to do jsut that. guess its going on my back then.

Don't see why it shouldn't work .. obviously not true 3D - but still ..

Something similar to this one :

dragon tattoo - shoulder arm and chest
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think he meant he didn't want to wax his chest icon_lol.gif

Deadpool, are you a gigantic furball? If not, just shave it for when the work is done ;)
  • jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    What does the Tattoo mean?

Or is it just suppose to look as bad ass as it does.
    "It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
    -Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA
    i am furry lol. dynamik nailed it on the head.
    ever since i was a in 1st grade i've been obsessed with komodo dragons. i found this picture one year and i just wanted to something badass and something to remember my childhood.
  • BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ouch @ the tatt on the back...i KNOW that had to hurt...i've got both of my arms done, so i know about the shoulder areas...
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
    so im going through with the whole shoulder blade to chest idea. going to be two appointments.
    so im going through with the whole shoulder blade to chest idea. going to be two appointments.

Don't forget pictures :P
  • xocerrpyxocerrpy Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I like it. Although if (when) I have one done I want it to have some really deep meaning so I never feel bad about having it.

Also, skrpune I love the dog in your avatar. <3 collies.
    xocerrpy wrote: »
    I like it. Although if (when) I have one done I want it to have some really deep meaning so I never feel bad about having it.

Such as ?
  • markk2008markk2008 Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yer, I agree, it must have been very painful, but does look awesome.
    People who search for IT Jobs typically find Jobs in IT
  • xocerrpyxocerrpy Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Such as ?

Good question! If I knew I would have one by now. I keep an eye out for new designs though. Really like sleeves. I love the one that Dave grohl has. Really sweet.
    Session one complete. Did not hurt as bad as I thought it would. The white at the end was the worst part about it. Took 4 hours, he freehanded it. Second part won't be as long (hopefully) and won't cost as much.

IMG_0012-2.jpg
    Session one complete. Did not hurt as bad as I thought it would. The white at the end was the worst part about it. Took 4 hours, he freehanded it. Second part won't be as long (hopefully) and won't cost as much.

IMG_0012-2.jpg

Very nice .. I prefer free hand work anyway - just flows better around the body ...
    my camera sucked so the picture doesn't justify the detail he put into it.
    my camera sucked so the picture doesn't justify the detail he put into it.

Oh but it does look great already - make sure you make another picture once you have the full thing done :)
    as soon as the guy puts the picture up on his site i'll link you guys, he has a much better camera. As soon as the other parts done i'll post the pictures.
    Here's the front part when it was done from his camera.

timvictim.com

he forgot to take a picture for the second half. so another phone photo.
    1237339606.jpg
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    My personal rule is though : No tattoo visible when wearing a t-shirt.

Yep gotta admit I follow this rule too...

this is my current work in progress.....
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)