Options

A new motivation!!!!!!!!!!!

procmanprocman Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey all I've got a brand new reason to get on with my career. IM GONNA BE A DADDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
K-Meleon 1.5.1
Compaq Presario 723RS

Comments

• Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Yeah that'll do it. Congrats! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    Congrats! Do as much as you can now, it'll be near impossible to get anything done when the kid is born. ;)
  • Options
    jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    Now would be a GREAT time to press that "Hyper speed" button.

Good luck :)
    "It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
    -Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA
  • Options
    DanielHughesDanielHughes Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats mate, it is great news.
    There are massive changes ahead. I became a dad 20 months ago (second due in 3 months) and it is amazing.
    All changes are good, but be prepared for less sleep, less study time etc. But again, congrats. Being a dad is the best thing in the world!
  • Options
    skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    congrats on the impending nerdlets, procman & DanielHughes!! :D
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Awesome. You will look at the whole world differently when you have child(ren) in your life.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    My congratulations to your new addition, my condolences to your life, time, and non-gray hair. icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    now that's a real motivation, congratulations and God bless :)
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    rfult001 wrote: »
    Congrats! Do as much as you can now, it'll be near impossible to get anything done when the kid is born. ;)

Very true, and for much later. Ours is just over one year old now so the cisco studies have had to adapt to the daily needs at home. It's all worth it though!
  • Options
    rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    skrpune wrote: »
    congrats on the impending nerdlets, procman & DanielHughes!! :D

speaking of nerdlets....the attached pic is mine on new years. he is 6 months old now.

J!NX : Mini-Geeks - Clothing for Gamers & Geeks for the best shirts ever... ;)
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats. As they get older, they don't get any cheaper, lol. I have two girls 22 and 19 and they STILL hit dad up for money.

Also blessed with a 2.5 yr old grandson, who I dont mind spending on/spoiling.
  • Options
    livenliven Member Posts: 918
    Throw me in there.

Mine is due in 3 months!!!

Trying to get BSCI done before then and then hopefully rest of CCNP by the end of the year....

Everyone says no way I can do it, but I am confident. I used to only sleep 3 hours a night. Well Might have to revisit those days. But I figure getting certs are not just for me it is for my family and for the betterment of of our future.

BUt I am very excited. Been getting the house ready and all that stuff. LIfe is good.

I am nervous, but VERY excited!!!
    encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.
  • Options
    seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    Congrats, its one of those life changing events.
  • Options
    rfult001 wrote: »
    speaking of nerdlets....the attached pic is mine on new years. he is 6 months old now.

J!NX : Mini-Geeks - Clothing for Gamers & Geeks for the best shirts ever... ;)
    what a cute little nerdlet, and great "creeper" (that sounds a lot less dorky than "onesie" I guess). 6 months is a great age - they've really started to develop their personalities and are much more "interactive" by then.

I loooove geek-wear for kids. ThinkGeek has some cute kids stuff, and one of these days when I decide to spawn, I'm totally getting me one of these. icon_lol.gif

• Options
    liven wrote: »
    Throw me in there.

Trying to get BSCI done before then and then hopefully rest of CCNP by the end of the year....

Everyone says no way I can do it, but I am confident. I used to only sleep 3 hours a night. Well Might have to revisit those days. But I figure getting certs are not just for me it is for my family and for the betterment of of our future.

BUt I am very excited. Been getting the house ready and all that stuff. LIfe is good.

I am nervous, but VERY excited!!!
    Congrats to you too! icon_thumright.gif Good luck with the certification goals, and don't listen to the naysayers...bid them good day and go prove 'em wrong.

• Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats to all on the upcoming and recent additions...

blargoe hit the nail on the head. There's no way I could have understood what he said 1 year ago. In fact, although everyone said exactly that to me, I didn't really "get it" until the day my child was born, which will be 1 year ago tomorrow!

Attached is a pic from Halloween...he went as a pirate!

Tomorrow is a big day. We're having an Elmo-themed 1st birthday party!

MS
  • Options
    ha, what a cute little pirate! YAR! icon_pirat.gif

• Options
    Im so excited. Im a bit worried though because im only working on my first Cert i have no on the job experience and the economy is in a slump. but excited none the less
    K-Meleon 1.5.1
    Compaq Presario 723RS
  • Options
    draineydrainey Member Posts: 261
    Congrats to all those expecting and to the new (relatively) parents as well.
    The irony truly is strange that you're the only one you can change. -- Anthony Gomes
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    congrats all you new dads, moms?, it's so hard to tell who's a guy or girl from usernames icon_redface.gif

I agree though, that has to be some major modivation, Honestly that has been why I have been studying so much lately. The wife and I will probably start having kids soon and I want to be ready.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    procman wrote: »
    IM GONNA BE A DADDY!
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif
    liven wrote: »
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif

If you're lucky you might be able to get out of a couple diaper changes by claiming "I'm studying for my certification exam." :D

And remember -- eventually the baby WILL sleep through the night -- and so will you.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!

It's a life changing event but definitely for the positive! Even without all of the freedom I had before my son was born, I look back and couldn't imagine life without him.

It's true that you will have things really turned upside down on you as you adjust to your new life, but you will find a routine and you'll get back time to yourself to fit in studying and whatnot - it just takes some time to adapt and for the new addition to get into a routine.

Best of luck!
  • Options
    My old lady is understanding and im sure she'll support me in this
    K-Meleon 1.5.1
    Compaq Presario 723RS
  • Options
    elaverick1981elaverick1981 Member Posts: 161
    Congratulations. I wish you and your lady friend the very best :D
  • Options
    ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Ahhh nothing beats having kids in their life. Congrats to everyone who had a newborn this year and last.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□