Options

MCSA/E upgrade to MCITP:EA Question

Hektik1nHektik1n Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm working on upgrading my MCSE 2003 to MCITP:EA. I noticed there is an upgrade path for an MCSA to an MCITP:EA. Why would someone like myself with an MCSE 2003 want to upgrade my MCSA to an MCITP:EA ? Would i need to do that ? Will that give me more certs ? or is that direct towards someone that has an MCSA and doesnt want to get an MCSE 2003 so they can upgrade their MCSA to an MCITP:EA ? If this makes any sense.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's not for people who have an MCSE; it's for those who only have an MCSA.
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Let's say after I finish my MCSA, I decide to do the additional exams and get myself an MCITP:EA. Sometime later, I get myself motivated enough to be a full-blown MCSE. So once I complete the remaining 3 or so exams to get the MCSE, do I lose the MCITP:EA or something?? This seems absurd. If I am not wrong, undomiel posted a thread not long ago that he was an MCITP:EA, I think this was after he became an MCSE.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I upgraded my MCSE to the EA. The two tracks they offer are for people have an MCSA or people who have an MCSE. They have to take a longer route if they are upgrading their MCSA, but if they have an MCSE then they can opt for the shorter route. Of course I'm certain they won't stop you if you have both an MCSA and MCSE but you want to do the longer MCSA upgrade route. Now if you upgrade your MCSA to the EA and then later acquire your MCSE that doesn't invalidate anything you have done before. You're still certified in all of the above.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    elaverick1981elaverick1981 Member Posts: 161
    The MCSA upgrade path give you two MCTS's.
    The MCSE one gives you three MCTS's.

If you want to do MCITP:EA from the MCSA upgrade you have to do one MCTS on Active Directory one MCTS on Windows Vista and the Pro exam.
    If you want to do MCITP:EA from the MCSE upgrade you only have to do the MCTS on Vista and the Pro exam.