AAAGGHH, HELP!!!

istgirlistgirl Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
icon_eek.gif Ok, so in my studying for this exam and taking sample quizzes, I've been hit with some stuff that I did NOT EVER SEE BEFORE!!! Has anybody else experienced this? I'm getting hit with questions about four types of wireless adapters, the three types of touch screens, etc. This material isn't in any of the two books that I have. I just wondered if anybody else has experienced this.
Tech Support Tip #2: When the support agent says "Click...", wait for the rest of the sentence.

Hot Tip #3: Be sure to turn it on before calling technical support.

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I got my A+ on the old objectives, but I've heard about the new version. If you're not seeing this in your studies, I would check to make sure you have the latest edition.

Comptia A+ Objectives

I used Mike Myers All-In-One for my studies, plus this sites free Tech Notes
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • theICEtheICE Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dude i got 10 questions on networking but good thing is mike meyers 5th edition has a whole chapter dedicated to networking and wireless so i suggest to get that book cause it helped me pass with no problem and also it gets u ready for a few of the basics for the Network+ exam!
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Ricka182 wrote:
    I got my A+ on the old objectives, but I've heard about the new version. If you're not seeing this in your studies, I would check to make sure you have the latest edition.

Comptia A+ Objectives

I used Mike Myers All-In-One for my studies, plus this sites free Tech Notes

This is the first thing I do for every test I take. I search for a list of the test objectives. That way you can make sure the book you get covers those objectives. It is really easy to grab a not so new test prep book from places like Barnes or other book stores. I have seen them carry certification books that were two tests behind....Also on some tests you need to pay attention to the writing in the begining. Sometimes vendors put beta questions in tests that will not be counted...questions like those can account for material that you have not seen. I am not sure if Comptia is currently putting in questions like this. Before you schedule your test, go back and check the objectives again. Vendors have the right to changes those at anytime. You don't want to find out they changed them on you in the middle of the test. Good luck and I hope this helps.
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    This sounds like my own experience. Since A+ covers such a broad area of information, it's not surprising. You just keep studying and practicing until you're confident that you can pass.

You may have been studying old objectives and testing on 2003 objectives--or something like that. The Meyers All-In-One study guide, fifth edition covers the most recent exam upgrades.

Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Networkadapter904Networkadapter904 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    From someone who just took the core exam last sat. I suggest picking up a copy of Mike Myers 5th and going down the list of Comptia's objectives for their exams.
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hi,

I just took the CORE yesterday and passed, but I was surprised how many networking questions were on the exam. It was pretty easy for me because I have been studying for Network+ at the same time so the first 2 chapters I read all answered the questions on the CORE for me.

I didn't have any questions about Touch screens and only thing I had on wireless adapters was the speeds of 802.11b and 802.11g. :o
  • contra04contra04 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Well what are the speeds of those wireless standards? Im taking the test on monday ! have just been using 4th edition of Austin Power's book.... but im field support - should be ok I hope
    Yo ! Video Games Yo! Keen player of spacies since '84
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    contra04 wrote:
    Well what are the speeds of those wireless standards? Im taking the test on monday ! have just been using 4th edition of Austin Power's book.... but im field support - should be ok I hope

802.11b = 11 mbps
    802.11g = 54 mbps

Good luck on your exam