Options

Worth doing MCITP:SA after MCITP:EA ?

teejay01teejay01 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,
I have recently upgraded my MCSE 2003 to MCITP:Enterprise Administrator and following that have just completed the three exams for MCITP:Enterprise Messaging Administrator. I am now looking for something new to concentrate on and was wondering if people feel there is any worth in doing the MCITP:SA as well?

Thanks

Tim

Comments

• Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I wouldn't do it unless you notice that searches for :SA on job seeking sites are coming up just as or close to in numbers as the :EA.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    I suppose it wouldn't take you very long to do since you've already studied most everything on that exam.

With that said, once I pass 70-647, I'm not bothering. But then again, I don't think I'd be interested in a job that wants MCITP: SA at this stage in my career anyway.
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I won't be doing SA.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    If you've got the MCSE, MCITP: Enterprise Administrator, and MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator certs, it's fair to say that you've got a pretty deep level of Microsoft-related knowledge. I'd say you've got three options: either go for something like a master or architect-level certification on Server 2008 or Exchange 2007, begin studying another Microsoft technology, or move in a different direction altogether.

What's your experience with networking technologies, with Linux/Unix, with other mail servers? Depending on your level of experience and interest, it might be a good time to look at something like the CCNA or even RHCE, for example. Hope this helps, and best of luck to you in your studies. :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    teejay01teejay01 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the input guys, I don't think I will both with the exam for MCITP:SA. I would really like to move on and become a VMware VCP but the £2500 fee for the mandatory course is a bit of a killer!
  • Options
    TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    It depends on your goals. I would say it's beneficial, as with any other certification. From what I've been hearing from everyone else is that the SA is different from the EA. So going off that I wouldn't think there would be any back tracking.
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics
  • Options
    cisahovekacisahoveka Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    it is not worth in doing the MCITP:SA when you already have the MCITP:EA

i am doing sharepoint 2007 exam 70-630 and upgrading my sql2005 DBA to sql2008 DBA
    A+,N+,MCP
    MCSA2003:Messaging and Security MCSE2003:Messaging and Security
    MCTS:vista 70-620
    MCTS:vista 70-622
    MCTS:Windows server 2008 AD 70-640
    MCTS:Windows server 2008 NI 70-642
    MCTS:Windows server 2008 NI 70-643
    MCTS:Exchange Server 2007:70-236
    MCTS:SQL Server 2005:70-431
    MCTS:SQL Server 2005:70-443
    MCTS:SQL Server 2005:70-444
    MCITP:Enterprice Messaging Administrator MCITP:Enterprice Administrator