Options

so whats happening in the it sector

ZumpelZumpel Member Posts: 53 ■□□□□□□□□□
Ahh.. haven't been here in months.
As you'll remember (mwaaaahahaha).. last time I posted I finally had to get a job in some CS department for a financial institution, just to pay the bills. Plan was to enter the company and get a side entrance into the IT department... funny thing in modern companies is, that with some tech knowledge you have such a good grasp of the tools in use, how system interlock (wet- , soft- and hardware) that you have a huge advantage over the rest of the drones ;) ... so I'm still not in the IT department, but Supervisor for a CS team. icon_twisted.gif At the end of the day troubleshooting wetware and simple stuff as money issues ain't that different from computers. Definetely something to think about if you can't get your hold on a IT position... anyroada... haven't had the time to keep updated with the developments in IT really... what would you guys say should I look into from a cert point of view when it comes to technology that affects the daily business in current companies ? I've still got the MCSA lined up, but am wondering if there's other, new, stuff that is likely to have an impact on how systems are utilised ? Communication between different kinds of networks strikes me as an important point and is something I think I should look into to be able to get the bigger picture. NO idea what kind of cert would be appropriate for that, but since I found the wee A+ , Network+ of so much help in getting a grounding for a "look of the world" I'd really appreciate your input on this one.

cheers
Zumpel

Comments