VPN cleint Error

Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
I recently started having trouble with my VPN cleint. So I went in and uninstalled it while I was uninstalling a few other older programs. So when it came to the screen that asks me if I wanted to reboot now or later I choose later.

Well I finished up and rebooted my laptop and when I went to install my client I get this error:

Error 28005: A previous version of the client was recently
uninstalled, but the computer was not rebooted. You must reboot
your computer before uninstalling the Cisco Systems Vpn Client

I did a Google search and tried going through the registry and doing a manual delete but it does not help the issue. Has anyone had this problem and if so has anyone ever got it fixed without reinstalling the OS?
Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison

Comments

• AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you have definitely cleaned out the service registry entry (make sure it doesn't show in the services.msc first) and deleted the Program folder run a registry cleaner like CCLeaner to get rid of any related orphan entries that mightn't be obvious.
    You can also give this a go Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    tried it and it didn't work.
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Thomas A. Edison
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I have had to use the Microsoft Windows Installer Cleanup Utility a couple of times, but the registry hack 'n slash usually works for me (on XP).

Do you have any of these strings left in your registry
    CVPND
    VPN Client
    Cisco Systems VPN Adapter
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    Nope, none of them. I'm going to have to pave it and start over I think.
    Cisco Brat Blog

Thomas A. Edison
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Run System Restore and roll back to before you did the changes.
    tried that too, the error still exists. Somethings hung up in my system and it wont let go.
    Cisco Brat Blog

Thomas A. Edison
  • netteasernetteaser Member Posts: 198
    Have you tried this software to remove all files from registry?

Registry Crawler - Find Registry information the quick and easy way