Options

70-298 booked!

mr2nutmr2nut Member Posts: 269
Any last minute tips? Got this exam due on Friday morning. Fairly confident as i've been taking notice along the way and as far as I can see, it's just an overview.

I'm then going to take 7-620 as my last elective to get my MCSE to add to the following exams I already have...

Comptia A+ & N+
70-270
70-290
70-291
70-293
70-294

Then hopefully 70-298 and 70-620

This is a good/valid route?

Comments

• Options
    mr2nutmr2nut Member Posts: 269
    Passed! That was honestly the easiest exam I think I have ever taken on the MCSE track so far. Without breaking NDR and going into too much detail, the answers had key words that related to the question so it was amazingly simple to pick out the bad 2, and in a lot of cases, the 3 wrong answers. I.e. for ease of administration, you would clearly set policies up within a GPO and not local security policies etc.

I for one, loved the case study format! It's a great way to make you think logically, and when looking into detail, the answers are there within all the information provided.

My score was 973 which is my highest score so far and for once, I wasn't in the slightest suprised to be honest.

If you have been paying attention along the way, providing you know the basics to implement these security measures, you don't have to know the complete ins and outs to clear this exam.

I'd say thanks for the tips but nobody seemed to reply to this post icon_razz.gif, but thanks for all the tips and answering my thick questions along the way! icon_smile.gif

Just one elective exam left to go for the MCSE. It will be either 70-284 or 70-620 to get some Vista experience behind me.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass! I'd agree with you about the easiness of the exam, once you've mastered the stuff in the other exams and/or have done very much real-world work with access to Windows servers, the topics this exam covers aren't a big deal at all.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats...top score there too icon_thumright.gif
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com