Options

Rain

kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
Under normal circumstances I like rain. When it's been -20 degrees for the last week, ice everywhere and it's January, I don't like rain so much. My 10 minute drive to work took about an hour. I wouldn't be surprised if there were well over a hundred accidents here in Anchorage, AK today. I saw about twenty on my way to work.

Good times...

Comments

• Options
    jbrown414jbrown414 Member Posts: 230
    Only time I like rain is when I'm inside. I hate driving in it or having to do anything else in the rain.
  • Options
    Devin McCloudDevin McCloud Member Posts: 133
    It is like -31 here right now plus windchill. My truck barely started to put it in the garage after running it all day. This cold spell is horrible. It's days like this I wish I lived some where warmer.
    The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Hi

I plan to spend the 2nd half of my life living in the sun, most likely Europe so I wont have to travel far to see family, I hate driving in the rain mostly because everyone else decides to go 10mph

This reminds me of a you tube video I watched a while ago

YouTube - Epuron - Interesting Commercial

Lee H
  • Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,566 Mod
    It is like -31 here right now plus windchill. My truck barely started to put it in the garage after running it all day. This cold spell is horrible. It's days like this I wish I lived some where warmer.

-31 !! where are you ? icon_neutral.gif
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I was talking to one of the end users I support who lives a few hundred miles north, he told me that it was below -70. It gets so cold up there that tires freeze in the position, so when you drive the flat spot on the bottom makes you go bump-bump. There is no reason that I would ever live somewhere that got that cold.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,045 Admin
    The La Niña conditions in the Pacific Ocean mean it's gonna be another wet, windy year in the Pacific Northwest and hot and dry here in the South west.
  • Options
    snowdudesnowdude Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am from the Northwest, so I actually like the rain! Better than the hot and dry anyway. Now I know I would not like the extreme cold but snow is good too if its relatively warm out (like above 0 at least!).

What I dont like is the freezing fog I have to drive in to work...
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    UnixGuy wrote: »
    -31 !! where are you ? icon_neutral.gif

I think he's in Alaska. I guess I'm lucky; it was only -20 this morning icon_smurf.gif