Mcse courses Problems???

Rehnbo82Rehnbo82 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, I only need to take 70-291 to be completed with my Certification and the school I am curently enrolled in expires in two weeks. What are my options to finishing the last course. I asked my enrollment advisor and its around 2,500 just to take the last little course to finish everything, which is alittle to much for me. Thanks

Jon

Comments

• NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    icon_scratch.gif Not sure I totally understand your question. Just study on your own, many of us do....

You can get the MS Press Book 70-291 or Snygress or a host of other books. Search on Amazon for 70-291. It's best if you have a few old computers laying around you can throw windows server 2003 on and do all the labs in the book (or VMWare/Virtual PC on a fast computer). Preplogic or transcender makes good practice exams. I'd highly suggest one of the practice exams. They are a bit spendy, but way cheaper than the $2500.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Go through the tech notes, check your local library you should find some books there that will be helpful. Definitely fire up some virtual machines and do as many labs as you can to get the knowledge flowing there in your head. That should help for cutting costs.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    Passed 70-291 (Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure) exam with flying colours. This site helped a lot, highly recommended and is the real deal! for more information visti this site http://www.****.org
    Thank you!!

HHHHMMMM Looks like another brain **** site to me. It is not yet on CertGuard Search.

PLEASE DO NOT POST BRAIN **** OR **** SHEETS. LEARN MORE ABOUT BRAIN **** HERE : CertGuard - Exam Security & Integrity
  • MCPWannabeMCPWannabe Member Posts: 194
    As everyone says, it is far cheaper to study on your own. But, if you need someone to instruct you, and a lot of people do, the 291 has two Microsoft Official Curriculum courses.

Course 2276
    Course 2277

If I'm not mistaken, each one of them is 5 days. So, basically, in 10 days time, you will cover the entire exam content.

The cost of each course is $1100 for a total of $2200. 2277 covers around 85% of the exam, so if you have to choose one, choose that one.

The best way to find a course is to visit Microsoft.com and find which centers are offering the courses.. or.. just simply call the gold certified partner learning centers and find out when they can schedule a course.

As an alternative, if you can learn on your own, it is a lot cheaper. Or, try Microsoft's e-learning. It is pretty good for this exam and cheaper.
    I've escaped call centers and so can you! Certification Trail and mean pay job offers for me: A+ == $14, Net+==$16, MCSA==$20-$22, MCAD==$25-$30, MCSD -- $40, MCT(Development), MCITP Business Intelligence, MCPD Enterprise Applications Developer -- $700 a Day