Options

OK, what do people who have passed think

sharpmi1sharpmi1 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have been busting my ass trying to learn as much as possible from Transcender, this site and many others. I am sys admin for a large company, and don't want a "Paper MCSE." I can honestly say "Transcender" has taught me a lot about MS products I never use, RIS, Auditing, Print permissions icon_confused.gif ! I am scoring around 66% percent on every test I try. Which is not good enough to pass. I scored 66% on your test. What book(s) would you recommend? I don't want "Real" test questions, I want to grasp the concepts, so I can actually use them one day. Thanks to the owner of this site, great site!

Sharpton Out

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I prefer MS books for the MS exams, so I'd go for the MS training kit Sybex books are usually good as well, sometimes better or more complete.

It is important to print the exam objectives
    icon_arrow.gifwww.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-270.asp and make sure you have a good understanding of what they refer to.

My 70-270 TechNotes provide a detailed overview of many of them, the exact ones covered by each are listed at the bottom of the notes:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/mstechnotes.shtml

If there's any topic in particular that is giving you a hard time, try searching the product documentation at www.microsoft.com, and / or post your questions in these forums.
  • Options
    ciscoboyciscoboy Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For one thing Sybex book is failing miserably when you actually do things. For example, try to setup user profiles and home directory using a sybex book and you will see you get lost. My advice is to do more practice than you read. That way not only you absorb the materila, but also become good at it. I read different books, but wasn't doing well on tests. Recently I changed strategy, and focusing on practical aspect of it. And I am scoring 80+ on tests. Good luck.
  • Options
    I am taking the exam tomorrow at 09:30! Wish me luck!

Sharpton Out
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    I passed using Exam Cram2 and paid for the full version CD in the book...The software is prep logic, it was $50.00 and it was all I needed...
  • Options
    orissaorissa Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats garv221:

What was your score. My (70-270) next week, doing final review.

Congrats new MCP status.

Thanks

orissa.
    Nothing is impossible in this IT world.
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    I do not remember...It was mid 700's...
  • Options
    :D:D:D

Passed it, 917/1000 in around 70 minutes. It was hard, didn't think I did that well until I clicked, "End Exam." Saw "Congratualtions you have passed", stood up and yelled "Yes!", everyone else taking tests turned and looked, then I walked out of the room! hehe

I am now MCP, on to 70-215.

Sharpton Out