composite exam? for CCNP

itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hello CCNPers,

I just read a guy taking a compositie exam (BCMSN and BSCI) is this true there is a composite exam???? and then you can take the ONT and ISCW separately?

Where can I get information on the composite exam. I looked on Cisco site but could not fine it

thanks

;)

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Yes it is true!

Check here on Cisco's site.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    thank you man am i blind as a bat (true) thank you
    that is great i hate exams the less the better ;)
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Less exams but more to learn for the exam. For example, would you rather one test on 20 topics or two tests on 10 topics each? Its all personal preference really.

There is also a composite for BGP+MPLS if you decide to go for the CCIP.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If you really want to go big, just go straight for the IE. It doesn't have any prerequisites, so you really don't need to waste your time with those puny pro-level exams ;)
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    itdaddy wrote: »
    thank you man am i blind as a bat (true) thank you
    that is great i hate exams the less the better ;)

Yes, but keep in mind, it is not for the faint of heart, especially if you are not COMPLETELY prepared!
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

dynamik

hahah now I am trying to see if you are joking dude you crack me up
    yeah I guess I could. This is my reasoning. I took the 802 ccna people said
    OMG robert take the 2 exam route. but when you do you get say 80 questions
    vs say the composite i get 45 a piece vs 80 or each? see my point yeah
    but i am sure they are going to just combine the two; i dont know
    just seems when I studied for 802 seems natural to do both since that was my destination anyways; of course i need spread my time out a bit just wondered people said
    i may not passs the 802 harder than the 2 exam separte but ahh not sure.
    just glad they have it; i hate exams; )he hee eheh
    go figure.

but we shall see
    thanks guys ; and faint of heart i am not; but appreicate your advice thanks men!
    robert
  • NSSANSSA Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Keep in mind you have to have passing grades on both the routing and switching portions of the composite to pass the overall exam. i.e., you can't compensate for a failing routing score with a near perfect switching score.
    faint of heart i am not; but appreicate your advice thanks men!
    robert

Maybe I should have said faint of knowledge!:)
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

really but still on the compsite you have say 40 questions vs a full 80?
    so for each say r and s you only have 40 each vs a full 80 to mess up on.
    just was thinking devide and conqueor????
    i dont know i passed my 802 and people said it is way harder nahhh!
    i just studied a lot ;) he heee ;)
    will let you know how it goes ;)

faint of something IT dude yeah i need to count the cost ;)
  • georgemcgeorgemc Member Posts: 429
    https://cisco.hosted.jivesoftware.com/community/certifications/ccnp/composite?view=overview

Hello CCNPers,

I just read a guy taking a compositie exam (BCMSN and BSCI) is this true there is a composite exam???? and then you can take the ONT and ISCW separately?

Where can I get information on the composite exam. I looked on Cisco site but could not fine it

thanks

;)
    WGU BS: Business - Information Technology Management
    Start Date: 01 October 2012
    QFT1,PFIT in progress.
    TRANSFERRED/COMPLETED: AGC1,BBC1,LAE1,QBT1,LUT1,QLC1,QMC1,QLT1,IWC1,INC1,INT1,BVC1,CLC1,MGC1, CWV1 BNC1, LIT1,LWC1,QAT1,WFV1,EST1,EGC1,EGT1,IWT1,MKC1,MKT1,RWT1,FNT1,FNC1, BDC1,TPV1 REQUIRED:
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I found the CCNA 640-802 quite easy as I studied a ton, however, I dont think even I could manage the composite BSCI and BCMSN.

If it's just to save costs, well costs are irrelevant when you've spent over £1,000 on a lab, and work pays for the exams for you anyway :D

I have no issues sitting both of them seperately, but don't let me stop you if you think you can do it - by all means - amaze me !
    Don't get me wrong, it is an entirely doable exam but just keep in mind that with a smaller pool of questions chosen for each exam in the composite, you are more likely to get primarily the tougher questions regarding the material and not too many gimmee type questions. Also, you will likely get far more time consuming sims in total in one shot and other time consuming tasks, too, than on the individual exams.

If it wasn't passable it wouldn't be offered but just don't take it TOO lightly because there might be fewer questions than the 2 separate exams.

Remember too, that the 802 exam is a mile wide and inches deep. The professional exams are not quite as wide but far deeper within each concept. HTHicon_wink.gif:)

georgemc
    thank you man for that link.

Dave
    haha you make me laugh; you could pass that comp. exam I know you could!
    but i will thrill you...just curious as to what it takes. yeh i do see it for ex ccnpers
    but i met a guy who passed it and I think i am as smart as he and i think you are dave as well.

ITDude
    awesome analogy mile wide inch deep wow! great example I see your point well taken!
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Actually, I think I will go out on a limb and say that I probably could, easily, pass the composite...

Maybe I could start you a challenge and take the BGP+MPLS composite later this year?
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    gorebrush wrote: »
    Actually, I think I will go out on a limb and say that I probably could, easily, pass the composite...

Maybe I could start you a challenge and take the BGP+MPLS composite later this year?

Well seen as though you have already passed the BSCI and are studying the BCMSN why dont you take the composite for your next exam ;)

@IT daddy, if you are learning the material from fresh or from an early stage in your career then i would take them individually! personally, i would only go for a composite if i had loads of previous experiance with subjects on both exams.

Good luck though mate!...you to gorebrush (with the composite that is :p)
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
    dave

ahahaha yeah challange for me a breeze for you..I have my priorities it sucks.
    I am finishing my BS in computer science and it is very busy work right now.
    I swore gto myself i would finish my BS degree for youguys it is 3 yearas and is Bsc degree i think. Having a 4 year degree is heavy nowadays but am working on my
    BSCI this year and next year BCMSN and later ont/iscw in 6 months or less
    and after my 4 year degree is done it is certCisco hammer time!
    ;)

nel

i agree...we shall see..i am no where near your level yet, but one day I will;)
    cheers mates :)

i really hate it right now; i cannot study my cisco very fast due to my time with my degree
    but in 2 years part-time i iwll be done and then i can devote my time to certs which i like much better ;)
    but damn it i need a 4 year degree it seems it is the benchmark for all IT successful people
    got to have your 4 year degree or you just dont make it as well.
    thanks guys :)
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    dave

ahahaha yeah challange for me a breeze for you..I have my priorities it sucks.
    I am finishing my BS in computer science and it is very busy work right now.
    I swore gto myself i would finish my BS degree for youguys it is 3 yearas and is Bsc degree i think. Having a 4 year degree is heavy nowadays but am working on my
    BSCI this year and next year BCMSN and later ont/iscw in 6 months or less
    and after my 4 year degree is done it is certCisco hammer time!
    ;)

nel

i agree...we shall see..i am no where near your level yet, but one day I will;)
    cheers mates :)

i really hate it right now; i cannot study my cisco very fast due to my time with my degree
    but in 2 years part-time i iwll be done and then i can devote my time to certs which i like much better ;)
    but damn it i need a 4 year degree it seems it is the benchmark for all IT successful people
    got to have your 4 year degree or you just dont make it as well.
    thanks guys :)

Hi Mate,

Dont worry too much about putting your degree first - i am in exactly the same boat. Just keep going and get your degree out the way and try and read some cisco stuff in your spare time if you can. Your day will come when you reek havock and obliterate every cisco cert in your way itdaddy ;)
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
    thanks nel
    yeah if i didnt have my schooling, like right now I am doing Physics and messing with calculating orbital periods and solving these problems using vectors. yeah i can do it but
    it takes alot of study and my calck is rusty! :) but found these greate dvds this guy teaches all the math i used to have known; great and affordable I found him on ebay
    but his site is Math Tutor DVD - Math Help, Algebra Help, Calculus Help, Physics Help, and everything in between. jason gibson. great stuff total referesher god send to me. and when I am done with my school yeah it is hammer time....I will have so much time to get my certs done; yeah doing my physics is cool stuff but in my job i willnever do the calcs but i guess it is good brain gymnastics..i just know if i didnt have school i could fly with my cisco certs. I am not sure what path..for example

you too you have time on your hands and you are smart; but i am getting it done.
    after this physics course i just have code classes and that is easy for me.
    since i do some programming atwork ;) yeah man i canot wait to get thsi crap done
    then when we get our degree done we can rock! ;)
    to me I could go two routes:

Technician/engineer
    BS degree CS
    CCNA/CCNP/CCSP/CCVP

teacher/IT Manager
    BS/MSIT or MBA
    ccna/ccnp/

amazing how IT Managers make more than engineers who work their buts off
    I have seen it IT Managers have it made. they can work the technology and they
    get to be head of ENgineers and technician; untouchable jobs!

I have seen IT managers be untouchable when they become manager; like god-like
    in the realm of the working man! management listens to the IT manager vs the engineers seen it a million times.
    ;)
    thanks mates