Options

Took the 270 today

UIstvanUIstvan Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
And passed with a 921 :D Wasn't as bad as I was thinking it would be. Took me about 40-45 minutes to get through it all. Afterward, I was afraid my score wasn't going to get printed but finally did lol. Thanks for the advice you guys offered in my other thread. The SelfTest software helped very much.

Comments

• Options
    No love for Istvan? icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    icon_lol.gif

You must have posted during my siesta icon_cool.gif

Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif

That's a solid score. What's next for you?
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_cheers.gif

We were all at the Inauguration, and none of us could get a wireless connection :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Holiday weekend for all of us in the USA! :P Congrats! :)
  • Options
    I just ordered the books for the 290. I opted to go ahead and get both the MS ans Sybex books (I liked the 270 Sybex book very much). I already have the CBT Nuggets for the 290 (I purchased the MCSA Exam pack earlier this year). After that, I think I may get the CompTIA A+ and Network+ (which counts for the elective towards the MCSA if I understand it correctly). If I feel comfortable enough after that, I will go for the 291. If not, I may get the low level Cisco cert then go after the 291. If I'm mistaken on the A+ and Network+ counting together as the elective please let me know. I read that one MS's site and want to make sure I got it right lol. Thanks again everyone =)
  • Options
    aquageekaquageek Member Posts: 152
    You're right, A+ and Network+ can count toward the elective for MCSA.

Congratulations on your pass =) This one's next for me
    You are the systems administrator for a large enterprise that has decided to place computers in the lobby for access to public company information. On Tuesday morning Rooslan storms into your office screaming, "what the hell is this? In the last question I was the systems administrator. Now I am only a "Backup Operator"? This **** is crazy!"
  • Options
    Good luck Aqua and let us know how you on it :D I gotta say I'm impressed by this forum...seems like everyone is cool and willing to help.
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats on the pass and nice score!

You will come to study much of the same in the 290 exam, but now it's more server side stuff. NTFS, Backups and all that fun stuff will still be there.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Congratulations! If you know your stuff as well as your score says you do then you should be able to knock out the 290 pretty swiftly.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    Yea I'm looking forward to knocking the 290 out and then going on to the A+ and Network+. From what I understand those would help a lot with the 291, correct?
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congrats on the pass, and good luck with those future exams. icon_thumright.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Nerd_SoonNerd_Soon Banned Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    UIstvan wrote: »
    And passed with a 921 :D Wasn't as bad as I was thinking it would be. Took me about 40-45 minutes to get through it all. Afterward, I was afraid my score wasn't going to get printed but finally did lol. Thanks for the advice you guys offered in my other thread. The SelfTest software helped very much.
    I don't know what test to take. I have no certifications. I have a bachelors of science degree in management computer information systems.

I was gonna take the 70-270 for a technical support position. However, they need experience which I lack. So I am faced with taking the old XP 70-270 exam or just start out with the 70-620. I could take both but I ain't rich, since I can't find any IT jobs that don't require experience.

Short story... How has anyone gotten their experience?

Also, I am indesisive on what path to pursue:

Networking (Windows Server 2008, SQL 200icon_cool.gif

Programming (Visual Studio 2008, .NET)

Database( I dont know)

I want a job that will last me a life time. The IT job market fluctuates so I don't want to get the wrong certification. I need help and alot of advice. I was just thinking changin to a boring salesman position. I mean I will always have to study for certs. Renewing certs every 4 years. Thats like being a lawyer. Reading all the time.

What technology should I go with? What software?

Help a confused college graduate without experience. NO IT jobs for me, only 2-5 day contracts. Also No certs yet. I will spend my life studying technology only if it can make me 60 dollars an hour. so what route should i go?

thanks nerds