Options

i think i got banned from my thread

rotinhell2568rotinhell2568 Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
it says i am forbiden from the thread i started about the free emulation software.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Did you try to post T F T P in your post? Or did you mention some other web protocol that might have been picked up by the forum software security?

We know about the T-FTP issue, since I hit it again myself yesterday :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    yeah i typed in T*t-p
  • Options
    how can i get back to my page so i can post a reply. Also how do i set up a T*f-tp server. Can you give me a step by step tutorial that i can follow to set up one and a tutorial so i can get the image onto the switch
  • Options
    You could just poke around CCNA / CCENT - TechExams.net IT Certification Forums until you find it. But your http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/39394-free-terminal-emulator-software.html thread is currently listed under this one.

You can always use the User Control Panel (that User CP link up top of the forums). The "show all statistics" link on the right side on your profile page should give you an option to Find all posts by rotinhell2568 or Find all threads started by rotinhell2568

There is also a subscriptions option you can set in your profile, and then you can view your subscriptions somewhere in your profile.

Solarwinds and pumpkin are 2 of the popular T-FTP softwares out there (for Windows). There should be several threads in the forum, and someone did a quick post with instructions. I'm running out for a bit, so I'll refer you to the forum search function (and go make another request in this http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/39100-some-free-cbts-finally.html thread). Use pumpkin as your search word (and then solarwinds) since the T-FTP issue affects the search (and may affect the links if I post them here)
  • Options
    i saw the thread with the tutorial using pumpking but it's for a router though and i'm using a switch. I know that the procedure is pretty much the same but there are a few different changes. Do i just plug one end of an ethernet cable to one of the ports of the switch and the other end to the computer. Do i have to set up the switch for that?
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    yes, the switch must be on the same subnet as the server (your pc) that holds the image you intend to load on it. Typically you would launch the program and then backup the existing IOS image from the switch before attempting to load an new image on the switch. I personally use a free program from Wierd Solutions to move the IOS images...

hope that helps.
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    thanks for the help guys. I think i'm going to hold off on upgrading ios because the only real benefit is the ssh and that isn't important to me right now as i'm just learning the basics. My two cisco 2501 routers finally arrived today. I'm going to see how much dram and flash they have so i can upgrade them.
  • Options
    hey guys i have a cisco 2950 switch and i was wondering is there an on and off switch or do i have to keep plugging it and unplugging it? Also say i configured the port 1 to run at speed of 100 how can i delete that so i wont have to keep on turning off my switch and turning it back on?
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    i have a cisco 2950 switch and i was wondering is there an on and off switch
    No
    Also say i configured the port 1 to run at speed of 100 how can i delete that so i wont have to keep on turning off my switch and turning it back on?
    "no speed 100" on fa 0/1.
  • Options
    hey guys i have a cisco 2950 switch and i was wondering is there an on and off switch or do i have to keep plugging it and unplugging it? Also say i configured the port 1 to run at speed of 100 how can i delete that so i wont have to keep on turning off my switch and turning it back on?

There is no power switches on the switches,, plug in or unplugged are your options...

I do not understand your second question....

Also say i configured the port 1 to run at speed of 100 how can i delete that so i wont have to keep on turning off my switch and turning it back on?[/QUOTE]

• Options
    basically how do i delete my current configuration settings without turning the switch off?
  • Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    basically how do i delete my current configuration settings without turning the switch off?

erase start
    reload
  • Options

if you save the config (which is the recommended method) the config will still be there even if you power cycle the switch.

I prefer the command
    default int f0/X to default a sepecific interface.....

• Options
    You could also use the default command
    default                     Set a command to its defaults

S2950-2#show run interface fa0/23
    Building configuration...

Current configuration : 44 bytes
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/23
     speed 10
    end

S2950-2#config t
    Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
    S2950-2(config)#default interface fa0/23
    Interface FastEthernet0/23 set to default configuration
    S2950-2(config)#end
    S2950-2#show run interface fa0/23
    Building configuration...

Current configuration : 34 bytes
    !
    interface FastEthernet0/23
    end

S2950-2#

• Options
    NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    You could also use the default command

I've always avoided that command as it has unpredictable (well at least to me) results.

But as a switch interface command it rocks!

For example, you can reset all switch interfaces to the default with this command:

default int range fa 0/1 - 48

Just don't try it at work

;)