Options

PDF printing problems

EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
Got a guy in the company that's unable to print clearly using Adobe Professional 7.0.9. The output from the printer is all fudgy as if you were viewing it through frosted glass. If the same doco is opened using Adobe Reader 8 and printed, it's good. I have done the usual things, reinstallation of the software and reconnecting the printer. Removed a security update that caused issues with one of our management software. There have been no other updates installed. Googling hasnt yielded much. Anyone have ideas? Thanks.
NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com

Comments

• Options
    mr2nutmr2nut Member Posts: 269
    Essendon wrote: »
    Got a guy in the company that's unable to print clearly using Adobe Professional 7.0.9. The output from the printer is all fudgy as if you were viewing it through frosted glass. If the same doco is opened using Adobe Reader 8 and printed, it's good. I have done the usual things, reinstallation of the software and reconnecting the printer. Removed a security update that caused issues with one of our management software. There have been no other updates installed. Googling hasnt yielded much. Anyone have ideas? Thanks.

Upgrade him to version 8? icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Is it just that document or all documents?

Does it seem like an error or an "effect?" I'd comb through the print options and see if anything jumps out as being odd. Can you select different drivers? Maybe you're on PCL and you need Postscript.