Options

Belkin rep pays people to write good reviews

jbrown414jbrown414 Member Posts: 230

Comments

• Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've never liked their products. Whenever I buy Belken, I get broken. (crap, that doesn't rhyme as well as I hoped)
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That's pretty shady.

I tend to avoid them anyways since their cables are more expensive than many alternatives and their other hardware to me just seems like a more expensive super generic piece of equipment. That and when I was working in the retail side, there was an awful lot of Belkin product (not cables) that came back with issues - so I eventually just quit requisitioning it all together.
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Ive bought one Belkin product in the last 10 yrs, and that was a draft N 2.0 router a few weeks ago. So far, so good.

So wheres my payment Mr Belkin rep? lol.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Somebody I know bought a Belkin Bluetooth access point which had major firmware flaws but no updates from Belkin. The admin web interface would prompt you for a username and password before allowing you in. Typing in a name/password combo would make it check. They never thought anybody would just press cancel however...

It died pretty soon after the warranty period ran out as well.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Having worked retail and been made to install and troubleshoot the damn things, I can't say I'm surprised.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    dynamik wrote: »

I read that yesterday and was a bit disappointed they didn't mention what is going to happen to the employee. That's grounds for immediate termination in my book.

I've always choosen Linksys over Belkin for consumer products. Cisco owns linksys and I've always had good luck with their products. I've bought one or two things from Belkin and wasn't impressed.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wouldn't be the first to do that and sure wont be the last.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Cisco owns linksys and I've always had good luck with their products.
    Linksys is still their home brand and was acquired 5 years ago. The products before and after the acquisition don't seem to have changed significantly. They're all still licensed 3rd party designs with a Cisco/Linksys logo slapped on the box. This includes the invariably crap firmware.
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    I read that yesterday and was a bit disappointed they didn't mention what is going to happen to the employee. That's grounds for immediate termination in my book.

Even so, that will be a big nail.

He could always try the "bigger boys made me do it" defense....
    Kam.
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    tiersten wrote: »
    Linksys is still their home brand and was acquired 5 years ago. The products before and after the acquisition don't seem to have changed significantly. They're all still licensed 3rd party designs with a Cisco/Linksys logo slapped on the box. This includes the invariably crap firmware.

I agree. But I still like Linksys better than Belkin, that was my point.
    Kaminsky wrote: »
    Even so, that will be a big nail.

He could always try the "bigger boys made me do it" defense....

A big nail? Don't you use the bigger hammer theory for them? icon_lol.gif

That's what I was thinking too. Maybe Belkin will just sweep this under rug, maybe the employee will be the fall guy....Who knows.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)