Options

Purchasing parts..

vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
Currently we have accounts with PCMall, CDW, & Insight.

CDW seems the have the best prices for shipping & such, but my account rep is HORRIBLE.

I keep asking him for quotes on items and I do not get any response.

Anyone use a better website? We'd use Newegg, but they don't have Net Terms for businesses.

Comments

• Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Have you tried talking to a Sr. Account Manager or Sales Manager at CDW? There should be a "My Account Team" link near your rep's picture after you login. I would try giving them a call and see if you can work out a resolution. That's really strange though, because we're not a super high volume shop to the point where I would think our rep would be kissing our rears, but we don't have any problems getting quotes and whatnot.
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Wow you got a bad rep then. The one I have at CDW fires me off a quote within moments of getting off the phone with him, and if I find it cheaper elsewhere, like Best Buy for Business, Newegg, etc he will match the price.
  • Options
    He finally got back to me after I posted this. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    paintb4707paintb4707 Member Posts: 420
    CDW is great. Never had any problems with my rep, he's pretty fast.

PCMall is terrible. There's some guy over there that calls me literally every month advertising specials and discounts even though I hint to him ever so kindly to stop calling me. I hate solicitors, poor way to do business.
  • Options
    paintb4707 wrote: »
    CDW is great. Never had any problems with my rep, he's pretty fast.

PCMall is terrible. There's some guy over there that calls me literally every month advertising specials and discounts even though I hint to him ever so kindly to stop calling me. I hate solicitors, poor way to do business.

I'm having the exact opposite experience w/ both icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    paintb4707paintb4707 Member Posts: 420
    paintb4707 wrote: »

Just got another call from this guy. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    My client has a procurement agreement with Insight in both Canada and the US and they've been fantastic for the past 3 or 4 years (they just renewed the contract again).

How large is the company you work for Fade?
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    CDW seems the have the best prices for shipping & such, but my account rep is HORRIBLE.

I keep asking him for quotes on items and I do not get any response.

I have had the exact same problem with my account rep from CDW. I'll ask for quotes so I can give a proposal and the dude wont answer me for days and weeks. Ive called and left messages, emailed...its like it makes no difference at all whether or not he helps me. IDK maybe because I'm govt.
  • Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    brad- wrote: »
    I have had the exact same problem with my account rep from CDW. I'll ask for quotes so I can give a proposal and the dude wont answer me for days and weeks. Ive called and left messages, emailed...its like it makes no difference at all whether or not he helps me. IDK maybe because I'm govt.
    No I worked with them a lot back in 1999-2003 and it really depended on the account team you got, some were great, some just wanted a pay check... ;)