Options

ISCW Lab

rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
Can most of the ISCW lab (VPNs, MPLS) be done in dynamips or will i need some physical stuff for these?

I already have a bunch of routers and switches but just not sure if they will do the VPN stuff that is in the exam.

What has everyone else used for this?
CCIE# 38186
showroute.net

Comments

• Options
    lildeezullildeezul Member Posts: 404
    i posted my configs like 2 post down, which explains how i set up my VPN labs.

i am using 3 routers to setup my vpns studies.. one router is the BB or Headquarters, and one router is the site, and then other router is used just as a transport to get me there, (simulation of the cloud or internet)

i am using 2-2611 with IOS' that support cryptography
    and 1-3620 for SDM and with an IOS that supports crytpography.

you can use switches or loopbacks to reference the LANS behind the routers.
    NHSCA National All-American Wrestler 135lb
  • Options
    lildeezul wrote: »
    i posted my configs like 2 post down, which explains how i set up my VPN labs.

i am using 3 routers to setup my vpns studies.. one router is the BB or Headquarters, and one router is the site, and then other router is used just as a transport to get me there, (simulation of the cloud or internet)

i am using 2-2611 with IOS' that support cryptography
    and 1-3620 for SDM and with an IOS that supports crytpography.

you can use switches or loopbacks to reference the LANS behind the routers.

What are you running between the three routers? Is it a frame-relay type setup or just direct connections with EIGRP?
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    the middle router is using static routes to point to the networks. and the end sites were using static routes and default routes with Site-Site vpns.
    Once i implemented GRE tunneling, the end sites used EIGRP and the middle router still had static routes but just as a transport path.
  • Options
    BennyLavaBennyLava Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You should be able to do everything for ISCW in dynamips except for DSL configuration. If you have access to the Cisco Network Academy material, they have a pretty good simulation for configuring DSL with PPPoE.
  • Options
    lildeezul wrote: »
    the middle router is using static routes to point to the networks. and the end sites were using static routes and default routes with Site-Site vpns.
    Once i implemented GRE tunneling, the end sites used EIGRP and the middle router still had static routes but just as a transport path.

so can you setup a IPSec VPN between two routers which are just connected by a serial cross over cable?
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    rakem wrote: »
    so can you setup a IPSec VPN between two routers which are just connected by a serial cross over cable?

Answer my own question - yes you can.... i just did it all in dynamips!

yay for me.
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • Options
    rakem wrote: »
    Answer my own question - yes you can.... i just did it all in dynamips!

yay for me.

to support that yes... yes i have my config posted in the topics below.