Options

Login Script

SWMSWM Member Posts: 287
Ok Excuse the dumb question, I suspect I am just missing something simple.

I have a user that works in two departments(both have OU's), Finance and Budgets. Her user AD account is currently in the "finance OU".
Each OU has a GP logon script that works fine.

I need her to have drive letters mapped to each department, but as her AD user is only in the Finance OU, she is not getting the "budget's OU" script.

I can fix the problem easily using the OLD login script/batch file method using ifmember.exe, or by using VBscripts but would like to avoid it if possible and use OU's.

I have utilised "loop back" processing before, but do not believe this will solve my problem.

I know I can nest OU's and am doing this by having "finance" and "budget" under the "default user" OU and as a a result both default and finance are applied to the finance users.

Any idea's... Please some one put me out of my misery.
Thanks
Isn't Bill such a Great Guy!!!!

Comments

• Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    New OU and combine the GPO's or link both of them to her OU would probably be the easiest.
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    Apply one script using GPO and apply the other script on the Profiles tab in ADUC. In this case she will get the Finance script though GPO because of her OU membership and then she will run the Budget OU script becasue it is assigned to her account in ADUC.

The ADUC script will run last, so if there are any drive letters that conflict you may need to write a separate script for her.