Options

CCNP study lab 2-7 prevent advertisement of loopback

livenliven Member Posts: 918
Has anyone done the challenge lab 2-7 (Ciscos offical lab guide for BSCI)? Router two is not supposed to advertise router 3's loopbacks to router 1.

Now I know there are many ways to do thist:

route-map
acl

etc....

But I thought they book would want you to use methods from the previous chapters. Well I don't recall any labs or methods that are used to do this. Does anyone have any suggestions on to what method they are looking for to complete this?

Thanks
encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.

Comments

• Options
    malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Not to bring an old thread back from the dead but I take it you used a route map or something for this lab?

I'm working on it at the moment and everything it asks you to do is fine and covered in previous labs except filtering out R3's loopback 3 from R2 and R3's loopback 2 from R1.

I know this can be achieved by route map and ACLs so it's not really a problem, however I just find it strange that they ask you to do something in the EIGRP section that has not been covered by the book itself!

Just having a sanity check that I'm not missing something totally straight forward in EIGRP, although I'm almost certain I'm not.

For anyone else who reads this post the jist is

R1 - R2 - R3 - R4

They explain the requirements in question as

"R2 should filter R3's Loopback 3 interface from being advertised out" which I understand as it should reach R2 but not go to R1 outbound from R2

and

"R1 should filter out R3's Loopback 2 interface from incoming updates" again I interpret this as it should get to R1 then be denied at entry......

......terribly worded for a start!

/rant over
  • Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Use a distribute-list,dont need a route-map.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't see any need for a route-map. All you are doing is filtering routes in and out. This can be done with a distribution list.
  • Options
    malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    not really focussed too much on controlling routing updates and route maps yet, hence the confusion. I more just wanted to clarify there wasn't some bog standard command in EIGRP to do this as none of the previous EIGRP labs covered distribute lists etc.

But you've both answered my question so thanks.
  • Options
    c01642c01642 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i've just been going through this same lab and and was wondering the same thing. Anyway i found this topic so i have joined the forum. I hope it helps with any other issues i come across.
  • Options
    jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
    This lab struck me as odd aswell because distribute lists arnt mentioned in most BSCI books until later on.