Options

Taking 70-215

Rocket88Rocket88 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi. I'm going to take the 70-215 test sometime between 7/19 - 7/23. If I can pass the practice test here on this site, should I be able to pass the real test?

Also, I have heard that they updated the 70-215 test recently. Is this true? I have used TranDumps to study but I don't know how old they are.

I can't afford to buy practice tests. Is there anywhere anyone can recommend I can get free current practice tests? Thanks for your time.

Rocket88

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Rocket88 wrote:
    I have used ******** to study but I don't know how old they are.

I can't afford to buy practice tests. Is there anywhere anyone can recommend I can get free current practice tests? Thanks for your time.

Rocket88

This site does not condone the use of braindumps like the one you used. Braindumps bring down the value of certs for people who work for them. Not to say that you didn't work hard, but that's cheating, if you didn't know. What you used is probably wrong anyway. If you can't afford practice exams, you should at the very least buy one or two books, and read. If you have access to machines, practice there as well. Just don't ****. Using braindumps is cheating, and cheaters suck!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Ok Ricka182, so I have only used the ***** once for the 70-215 to study, but it seemed old. So that's why I was asking for some advice, not to get called a cheater. I'm LEARNING this stuff just like you.

Anyways back to my question, If I can pass the 70-215 practice test here on this site, should I be good to go for the REAL test? I do have and use the Microsoft Book on 70-215. But somebody told me that the test has been updated for 2004.

Rocket88
  • Options
    If I offended you, I apologize. I was only trying to purvey how we feel about **** here, I admit, I'm usually a bit harsh. As for your question, the test here is meant for general knowledge of the exam objectives. Although, if you consistently score 100%, that would be good. You already have the M$ book, I would reccomend getting one other source. I am using the M$ along with Sybex , which I used for 70-210. I know there expensive, but if you get some exams, I would reccomend Transcender. I've used them for Net+ and 70-210, very good I thought. As far as the test changing in 2004, according to M$, not since January has it changed. If it did, I'm sure they would have updated that page. I hope this helps, and answers your question.
  • Options
    sab4yousab4you Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Is this going to be your first test?

The first time I took the microsoft test was my hardest - it was because I wasnt prepared and it was new to the microsoft testing environment. It was a good experience which allowed me to understand the types of questions they would ask and I came back to kick butt the second time around.

The best way to pass this test is to actually have a windows 2000 server environment you can use. I would also recommend getting one of the study guide books and then use the book along with the OS to try out examples and understand it.

The majority of MS tests are not too hard, but really take an understanding you can pickup while using the particular product. Hopefully you can use the study guides and materials to compliment the existing knowledge/hands on knowledge to allow you to pass.

Either way it seems like your test timeframe is right about now so I wish you luck on this one. Win2k server is a great base to understand and have under your belt.
  • Options
    Thanks sab4you for the kind wish and the usefull information. I hopefully am taking the 70-215 test on Friday 7/23. (I'm wating for some money for the voucher)

I have taken the 70-210 and passed that on the first try. I use 2000 pro every day at my work. So I am sorta used to the environment. I also have my A+ and my Net+. I want to pass the 70-215 so I can have my full MCP. Next I plan on studying for and taking the 70-218 so I can have my MCSA. That's as high as I'll go with Microsoft for now. I want to head to Cisco and start that area.

Thanks again.

Rocket88
  • Options
    Ricka182 and sab4you,

Hi. I just wanted to let you know that I just took the 70-215 test today. It was pretty hard, but I passed it with 810/1000. I wanted a higher score, but hey I passed it! Thanks for the Info that you both offered.

I am going to start the 70-218. Which book do you recommend for that? I'm thinking the either the Microsoft press book or the one from Sybex. Which one would you use?

Rocket88
  • Options
    Congrats!! The scores not bad either, and like thay say, a pass is a pass! I have the Sybex books for MCSA/E, which I liked for 210, so I'm sure thier good for the rest. I actually plan on getting the M$ books for the rest as well. I have heard good about M$ Press, and seeing they're the official books, they'd better be good. I also use Transcender, which I know is expensive, but I got a gift from a brother-in-law tech instructor...you gotta love family! Anyway, from just my experience, I would reccomend Sybex, only because I haven't used M$ books yet. But I think you'd be ok with either. To save some $$, try the Sybex book, and the Whitepapers, from M$. They're free, and about as acurate as it should get.