Options

passed CCNA-INTRO !

amod_pandyaamod_pandya Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
hi all .. i passed the CCNA-INTRO with an 850. being a newbie i know im not tht active on the forum..but i wanted to share some information (and hoping not to break any agreements)

1. KNOW YOUR SUBNETTING (kinda obvious huh!)
2. Do NOT think questions will be as straighforward as on the practise exams tht ull find on the net and books. they can get really tricky so make sure u spend enough time reading and understanding the question.
3. Simulations are easy..one time practise is good enough.
4. They can ask some REALLY theoretical ones too...so make sure u remember ur stuff.

Hope it helps.

-Amod.
:: PEACE ::

Comments

• Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CONGRATZ!!!

So there are a lot of questions on subnetting huh???
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Options
    thanks man....its safe to say its THE most imp. topic on the exam....and yes there are a lot of questions...atleast on the exam i took.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congratulations!

The main topic of CCNA is 'routing', hence subnetting is an essential topic of the CCNA as well as many other Cisco exams. They won't only ask the common subnetting questions such as what subnet to use if you want X subnets and Y hosts, subnetting is part of many other questions such as scenarios and sims as well.
  • Options
    lsealslseals Member Posts: 240
    Congrats
    24 Hours in a day...24 Beers in a case...Coincidence?
  • Options
    yes i agree the questions on subnetting are not direct...even in the INTRO exam....more of an application based rather than solving it like a math problem.
  • Options
    binaryknightbinaryknight Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I sat the exam today, received 817 just missing the pass rate, although I am now aware of several of the answers I got wrong. Just wondering about the sims, I used interface con 0, and s0 are you allowed to use these abbravations? Also, I exit exit, exit the whole way out of router, do you need to use exit, or disable?? Do you need to come out of router? Thanks