Options

I'm a man, not a number

2»

Comments

• Options
    CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    congrats man. thats very impressive. it's people like you who motivate others into believing that they can achieve greater things. sorry if it has been asked before, but what did your lab for the CCIE Security consist of?
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man!!! honestly, amazing achievement!

Pass on the congrats to the missus!!! im sure she'll enjoy the extra $$$ when they start rolling in!!! ;)

Well done mate!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    congrats man. thats very impressive. it's people like you who motivate others into believing that they can achieve greater things. sorry if it has been asked before, but what did your lab for the CCIE Security consist of?

He has a detailed thread with all that here: http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccie/36057-ccie-sec-lab-diary-how-make-ahriakins-brain-implode.html
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Many thanks for the well-wishes folks, all very much appreciated. I got back in last night and actually had to hit the hay at 9pm. No big mad parties, we moved back to FL as I was ramping up study for this so I don't really know anyone here, though there was some celebration at home icon_twisted.gif (so shoot me for TMI, I'm married, it's a big deal icon_wink.gif ).
    It's weird right now not thinking about the next lab session, or which book to hit, very hard not to just start on the CCNP (which will be next, and yes I might just wear the CCIE T-shirt - IE send you one with yout number on it for free) but I'm going to try and relax for at least the next week before planning that out. I also want to do some boning up on the new Sec blueprint too, I don't want my skills to stagnate just because of the number and I think if I let it go too long I'd get out of the habit and studying would get a lot harder.

So right now I'm just starting to check back in with old friends, and work to let them know I'm alive, and trying to start formulating some plans for the future work wise. First though, Taco's....
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ahriakin wrote: »
    First though, Taco's....

Sounds like an excellent choice!icon_wink.gif:)
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

dtlokee wrote: »
    Congrats! Did you get your robe and secret ring?

And the name of the country only rich people know about (if you don't watch 30 rock that one might be lost) :).
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    And the name of the country only rich people know about (if you don't watch 30 rock that one might be lost) :).

You mean CCIEs watch TV?icon_wink.gif:)
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I guess you get a flu shot now too huh??
    (if you don't watch 30 rock that one might be lost) :).
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Congratz!!! Following your journey was fantastic :)

Is this our first CCIE - Security on TechExams???

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Options
    rossonieri#1rossonieri#1 Member Posts: 799 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ahriakin,
    It's weird right now not thinking about the next lab session, or which book to hit, very hard not to just start on the CCNP

ok man, take a deep breath for a while :)
    just take some times to enjoy the number,
    and enjoy that smiley face when you walk around people saying : "hey dude, i'm a man - not a number :) ", hahahaha icon_lol.gif
    and yes I might just wear the CCIE T-shirt - IE send you one with yout number on it for free

ok, enough already :D
    maybe me, networker, and itdude start to think that you are trying to make us jealous by that number thing?
    hahahaha ... just kidding mate icon_lol.gif

enjoy the number and your unforgetable moment in the industry!!!

cheers!!!
    the More I know, that is more and More I dont know.
  • Options
    A.P.A - Nah there was another (at least) last year, he doesn't post much, name began with an S is all I remember without doing a search.

Rossonieri - Trust me you're getting off easier than the wife, everything I say to her has the number incorporated, they're like the numbers in Lost, or if you watched Little Britain USA I'm the CCIE version of "Bing Gordon - 8th Man on the Moon!" icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    Definitely time for a vacation!icon_wink.gif:)

JohnDouglasJohnDouglas Member Posts: 186
    congratulations - have a few pints of the black stuff.
  • Options
    BennyLavaBennyLava Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I can only imagine how good it must feel to see that "pass" email and get your number after all the time and effort required to get there.
  • Options
    kryollakryolla Member Posts: 785
    congrats on the number
    Studying for CCIE and drinking Home Brew