Options

laptop choice for multiple screen setup

aueddonlineaueddonline Member Posts: 611 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm looking at laptops at the moment, was looking for one with a decent enough graphics card to drive 2 x 20 inch monitors as well ass the laptop screen, anyone got that setup?
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I have the same setup on a Dell 830, but I use a FireMV 2200 graphic accelerator card in the docking station to support it.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I think a docking station would be the best route to go....
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Lenovo T60p with the advanced docking system. Though it's been replaced with the T61p and I think that may have even been replaced with the T400/500 series or are going to be soon.

Just about anything would do fine more than likely with today's technology, but I tend to prefer something with a discrete graphics card and I really love the look, feel, and quality of the Thinkpads.
  • Options
    Lenovo T60p with the advanced docking system. Though it's been replaced with the T61p and I think that may have even been replaced with the T400/500 series or are going to be soon.

Just about anything would do fine more than likely with today's technology, but I tend to prefer something with a discrete graphics card and I really love the look, feel, and quality of the Thinkpads.

They have been replaced by the T400/500 line.
  • Options
    msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    They have been replaced by the T400/500 line.

I feel so out of date... time to replace my T60p, if only our budget didn't get destroyed by the economy icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    I feel so out of date... time to replace my T60p, if only our budget didn't get destroyed by the economy icon_sad.gif

I loved the T61's, we used them at my old company. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    aueddonlineaueddonline Member Posts: 611 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Multi Monitor Laptop Adapter for Dual Triple and Quad Monitors

I found this product that I could use with my existing laptop, but there not in the UK
    What's another word for Thesaurus?
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    That looks pretty cool but its very expensive. The card I have is only around $100.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.