Blackberry Certification

stonedtroutstonedtrout Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Does anyone have any info or opinion's on blackberry certifications?

I work for an hosting company and we spend alot of time supporting Blackberries and such and noticed today on RIM's website that they are offering BB certs?

It seems that it may be a good cert to have.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Certification Program

Comments

• jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    Obama Blackberry thing getting to you too?
    "It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
    -Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    jryantech wrote: »
    Obama Blackberry thing getting to you too?

I'm sure that's why he posted this, it would make perfect sense.

Anyways, there may be some value in a BlackBerry certification if you are trying to secure a job with a company who relies on BES. It is a fairly specialized certification however, so it's not something that I would think is going to be heavily sought after in the masses - but it might just get you an edge over other candidates if you ever interview for a position working with messaging in a shop that uses BES.
    I'm sure that's why he posted this, it would make perfect sense.

It was a joke.
    Whats with all the uptightness? icon_rolleyes.gif

• HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    I've never seen a single job even remotely mention that a BES cert is desired. If you can prove you can work with it, that is valuable.

FYI, not saying it's not valued, or some places aren't asking for it. I'm just saying I've never seen one.
    Good luck to all!
  • stonedtroutstonedtrout Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    HeroPsycho wrote: »
    I've never seen a single job even remotely mention that a BES cert is desired. If you can prove you can work with it, that is valuable.

FYI, not saying it's not valued, or some places aren't asking for it. I'm just saying I've never seen one.

Your correct but it looks like the cert has only been around for a year. I have seen jobs where "a strong knowledge of blackberries and mobile devices is required".

I work for an email hosting company and we offer a hosted BES along with it. It seems much of my time is spent trouble shooting blackberries. So would Microsoft Server, Exchange and Linux would help with advancing my career if i wanted to stay on the messaging path.

I understand that RIM is taking the partnered approach like Microsoft and Cisco and the more certified people you have the better your partner status.
    I say go for it if the exam doesn't cost much.
    Can't hurt to be certified.

• mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It would be another item to add to your cert arsenal if this is something that you support or plan to support. I agree, can't hurt to get it.
  • TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    A lot of companies are using Blackberry's to communicate now. I see it going places soon.
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics
  • LBC90805LBC90805 Member Posts: 247
    HeroPsycho wrote: »

Last year I saw two companies in Reno Nevada asking for Black Berry experiance and knowledge. They weren't asking for the cert though I'm sure it would have been the icing on the cake.
  • ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    I have seen many many jobs asking for blackberry experience so it definately cant hurt.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i've been thinkin about this since summer time last year...i definitely want to get my BCST & BCSST....i just have no idea what to get for study material.
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Seem like this is the type of cert one gets via experience. Only two books that really cover the topics and they are both older. Seems most people agree that you can find what you need on the Blackberry website and forums. I am looking at the mobile world as a possible area to continue security studies. Seems everyone has a cellphone/mobile device these days and in talks with law enforcement this is one of the hardest areas of forensics that they deal with. Plus securing these things seems like just plain fun!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Big JizayBig Jizay Member Posts: 269
    When I was jobless for 7 months, a lot of jobs I interviewed for asked for Blackberry experience. I would definitely say getting a Blackberry cert will help.
    The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293