Options

Mcitp: Ema

mklaromklaro Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I'm thinking about going for the Messaging Admin cert for the MCITP track. Haven't played with Exchange 2007 all too much as we run 2003 at work right now.

I have the MCITP: EA, SA, EST certs.

For those who have the EMA cert what did you guys think about it in terms of difficulty?

I'm wondering if simply self study with minimal hands on will be enough seeing as I have the other certs and exp. with 2003 or if I will need to put it in much more hands on time with 2007. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I do not have the cert but I do know that Exchange 2007 is very different from Exchange 2003. Pretty much everything you do is different from 2003. It would also help to learn how to use PowerShell as a lot of administration is done through the command line rather than the GUI.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    Hmm... maybe I will install it on a test server and do some work with it. Any recommendations for good study guides?
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    I found the first exam (70-236) the hardest. 237 was ridiculously easy, and 238 was pretty easy if you have already passed 236.

I used the Sybex exam books for all three, and they were standard fair good to get an idea of what to study, but you still need to supplement your study with other materials like additional reading on Technet and something like Transcender to help.
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    StarkeStarke Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mklaro wrote: »
    So I'm thinking about going for the Messaging Admin cert for the MCITP track. Haven't played with Exchange 2007 all too much as we run 2003 at work right now.

I have the MCITP: EA, SA, EST certs.

For those who have the EMA cert what did you guys think about it in terms of difficulty?

I'm wondering if simply self study with minimal hands on will be enough seeing as I have the other certs and exp. with 2003 or if I will need to put it in much more hands on time with 2007. Thoughts?
    You should probably talk to Mr. Redmond about it.
    MCSA: Windows Server 2012 - MCITP (SA, EA, EMA) - CCA (XD4, XD5, XS5, XS6) - VCP 4
  • Options
    HeroPsycho wrote: »
    I found the first exam (70-236) the hardest. 237 was ridiculously easy, and 238 was pretty easy if you have already passed 236.

I used the Sybex exam books for all three, and they were standard fair good to get an idea of what to study, but you still need to supplement your study with other materials like additional reading on Technet and something like Transcender to help.

Gotcha thanks for the info
  • Options
    Starke wrote: »
    You should probably talk to Mr. Redmond about it.

LOL! nah he sucks :p