Alot Tougher than expected....Passed

ITBarbarianITBarbarian Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Warning to the studier.... This test was alot harder than i thought it would be. I expected having passed the beast and jr this would be easy. Not so. This in my opinion was just under the beast coming in at second in difficulty.

Happy to pass this one with a 700 even! A pass is a pass is a pass.

44 questions. Largest topics were Trusts and GPO's with some software installs and OU creation.

Good luck!

Comments

• mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Man, there is a consistent theme in this forum about the difficulty of this exam. I'm taking it next Wednesday and really getting psyched out about it. I went through Sybex (it missed a few things) and then MSPress. I was getting most of the questions correct so thought that was a good sign.
    Luckily I have the second shot but really don't want to sit through it more than once. MS exams have to be one of the more unpleasant experiences out there (similar to a bout of food poisoning I had a while back).
  • elaverick1981elaverick1981 Member Posts: 161
    ITBarbarian: Congratulations, sounds like you're experience of it was similar to mine.

mikedisd2: Don't worry unduly about it, as you've probably seen the actual material for this exam isn't too bad but the various ways things interact is the tricky bit. Best advice is to take your time over it and read each question throughly. Best of luck.
  • jnwdmbjnwdmb Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just sat this exam on Thursday, and was nervous myself. I must say though that it was nowhere near as difficult as I anticipated. READ carefully! I know that you are supposed to do that on every exam, but on this particular one there were many possible answers with only a one or two word difference.....which could throw you off if you are not careful. When your answer is multiple sentences long, one or two words can get lost in translation easily. It was very easy to eliminate the obvious incorrect answers and get down to only 2 or so possible correct answers, just by reading the wording. I also thought the simulations were easier than in any other MS exam I have taken so far. I am sure you will do fine. Good luck.
    A+ IT Technician, Network +, Security+
    MCSA:M, MCSE:S
    (MS 270,290,291,293,294,298,299)
    MS Exchange 2003 (70-284)
    MCTS: Server 2K8 Virtualization(70-652 & 70-403)
  • elaverick1981elaverick1981 Member Posts: 161
    jnwdmb wrote: »
    READ carefully! I know that you are supposed to do that on every exam, but on this particular one there were many possible answers with only a one or two word difference.....which could throw you off if you are not careful.

+1 to that.
    One other thing that'll serve you really well (but that I missed completely first time around due to being distracted), remeber the difference between distribution groups and security groups, you can instantly rule out half the answers in many group based questions thanks to that. Stupidly simple, but you can work yourself into such a frenzy about this being a difficult high level exam that you forget to look for the simple stuff.
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    elaverick1981, jnwdmb thanks for the encouragement and insights. I'll definitely take my time in the exam and read everything. Can be hard to stay focused sometimes.

Helps not to drink too many beverages before going in as well!
  • RevenueRevenue Member Posts: 130
    ooo I was going to tackle 294 this week.. But might study another week now :P I used CBT and Sybex, Nothing seemed that difficult but this exam sounds tricky :O