Options

I'm back and ready to tackle Cisco....

jkstechjkstech Member Posts: 330
I've been gone for quite a while but I'm no stranger. I spend most of my time in the Microsoft and secutiry areas...and a little bit in the wireless.

Well, there's been a change in plan and the boss wants me to get the CCNA.

I'm looking to self study of course, with the use of some cbt and books.

I want to know if anyone has an opinion on cbtnuggets and trainsignal for this course.

I've used both in the past for other training, and I liked them both...but I just want to get one of them and would like to know if anybody has a recommendation for me :)

See ya around!
get back to studying!!!

Comments

• Options
    phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I like both. Most people say that Jeremy Ciora has a creative way of teaching (using flowers to represent VLANs) and Chris Bryant has a more dry straight-forward approach. Im actually using both right now along with Wendell Odoms ICND1/ICND2 books.
  • Options
    jkstechjkstech Member Posts: 330
    phoeneous wrote: »
    I like both. Most people say that Jeremy Ciora has a creative way of teaching (using flowers to represent VLANs) and Chris Bryant has a more dry straight-forward approach. Im actually using both right now along with Wendell Odoms ICND1/ICND2 books.

Cool man...so...boring or entertaining huh lol. Maaaaaaaaan tough choice lol. I know the nuggest are usually in smaller chunks though...which may be beneficial.

I'm like you man, I've used both companies in the past and both have been pretty good.

So Chris...is his voice all dry and monotone man? I'm gonna go checkout the demos again lol.

Thanks
    get back to studying!!!
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Jeremy is a good teacher. I've gone through all CBT Nuggets for ICND1 and ICND2 and can honestly say I'm pleased with them all.
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    jkstech wrote: »
    Cool man...so...boring or entertaining huh lol.

This pretty much sums it up. I do have to say that the Trainsignal vids tend to go into a little more detail then the CBT Nuggets which is good for the exam, but tough for new subject matter. Either (or both) compliment the Cisco Press book rather nicely - try the free vids and see which style is best for you.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT