Options

installing problem server2003 standard sp2

i installed from remote desktop every thing was looking good , until I tried create new group policy link on OU , (error group policy access deny) , I chackout remote desktop users are member of adminstrator group , other problem no policies under administrative templates .

and last error

The operation failed because: Failed to set the computers DNS computer name base to antares.local
"Access is denied."

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Did you log out and log back in after changing the group membership?

Also, setting remote desktop users to be administrators is probably not a best practice (to put it mildly icon_eek.gif).

Why don't you just set that account to be an administrator, or use secondary logon?
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Try adding the user to the Domain Administrators Group. They'll automatically be granted the rights to be able to RDP into a box since Domain Administrators is nested into the local administrators group on all domain joined machines. And the Local Administrators are automatically granted rights to RDP.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    mcse_696mcse_696 Member Posts: 151
    I uninstalled , this time I m not even install active directory , I got this messege (The operation failed because: Failed to set the computers DNS computer name base to antares.local
    "Access is denied)
  • Options
    mcse_696mcse_696 Member Posts: 151
    I solved my problem with disabling McAfee interprise 8.5