Options

Reconnected mailbox not showing up in GAL

EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
I created a user account and a mailbox, started Outlook and sent around a couple of emails to other user accounts. All good, other users can also send email to this account. Then I deleted the mailbox through Exchange tasks in System Manager. Reconnected the orphaned mailbox (ran the cleanup agent) to a different user (that didnt have a mailbox associated with it at first). Updated view in System Manager, shows the new user account associated with the mailbox.

Now when I logon with this new user account, I can send email to other users and others can reply but this user does not appear in the GAL (I have tried downloading the address book a few times). I restarted SA to force a replication. No effect, still doesnt show up in the GAL. Reconnected the mailbox to the original user, forced a replication and the original user shows up in the GAL.

Why doesnt the new user account show up in GAL? Is this something by default? I have checked the properties for this account and it is not hidden from Exchange Address Lists.
NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com

Comments

• Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Takes up to 48 hours. The Offline Address Book (OAB) generates every 24 hours at 5am. The Outlook client also updates every 24 hours but not at a specific time. It's 24 hours from the last time it downloaded it which can be forced by going to Send/Receive > Download Address Book which doesn't throw of its 24 hour schedule.

So you'll have to force an update of the OAB and then force the download on the clients a few minutes later. Downloading the Address Book on the client is only if you're using Cached Mode.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thank you for the information royal. I now remember reading that.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com