Options

Best books to use to study for 70-270?

jubi2386jubi2386 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Right now im reading from a 2nd edition Microsoft Official Academic Course book called Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP Pro. I was wondering are there any other books out there that you would recommend, and that pretty much gets straight to the point?

Comments

• Options
    aordalaordal Member Posts: 372
    I personally read the Sybex edition for this book. I like the Sybex series because they explain things real well, and it's very readable. It is less like a instruction manual, so it does lack on super in depth discussion of every detail but it does cover every subject on the exam.

For me it was the fact that I could actually sit down and read it, so I found these series valuable. You can pick it up off of amazon for a few bucks.
  • Options
    Thanks I'll look into that book.
  • Options
    Just ordered it, cant wait to get it so i can start going into this exam.
  • Options
    TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    I have the Sybex book as well, I also ordered the FastPass.. which some people were talking up as a great review just before the exam. The Microsoft book for the 270 is confusing, IMO.

This isn't the easiest test, there is a lot to know. Best of luck to you, and have fun with it.
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics
  • Options
    scarr18scarr18 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    have the Sybex book as well. have jsut started, revising from it and it is really good, i find that if you use the CD with the book, you get the best out of it
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I passed on the first try with the MSPress book and technotes. There are also some free MCSE-type training vids on itidiots.com.
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hi there i would suggest u to also use the XP Inside Out book as well

it is really clear and concise.........
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".