Military vets given incentive to try for Cisco certifications

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
Military vets given incentive to try for Cisco certifications The IT industry could get a new influx of Cisco-certified folks if U.S. military veterans take up the offer of using their GI Bills to cover the cost of Cisco certification exams. According to a Cisco, the company's certification program is now authorized for use with the Department of Defense's education program DANTES. Jeanne Beliveau-Dunn, general manager for Learning@Cisco said the GI Bill was used by 500,000 vets in the last fiscal year to train for skills to help them re-enter the workforce.

Info courtesy of networkworld.com

Comments

• NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Bokeh wrote: »
    Military vets given incentive to try for Cisco certifications The IT industry could get a new influx of Cisco-certified folks if U.S. military veterans take up the offer of using their GI Bills to cover the cost of Cisco certification exams. According to a Cisco, the company's certification program is now authorized for use with the Department of Defense's education program DANTES. Jeanne Beliveau-Dunn, general manager for Learning@Cisco said the GI Bill was used by 500,000 vets in the last fiscal year to train for skills to help them re-enter the workforce.

Info courtesy of networkworld.com

I thought Cisco was already on the list of approved certifications for GI Bill, last I checked almost all IT certification exams were covered by it.
    WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
    Start Date: December 2013
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I know for sure that it was covered since at least 2006...
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • sides14sides14 Member Posts: 113
    Cisco exams are definitely reimbursed by the GI Bill.