Options

Scheduled for Wed. 01/28/09

I have an interview on Thursday morning and want to be able to say I have 50% of my MCSA done. :)
1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012

Comments

• Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    best of luck with the exam and the interview, let us know how both go!
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats. What kind of company is it?
  • Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    Bokeh wrote: »
    Congrats. What kind of company is it?

It's a small, non-profit Faith based charity group that supports the Homeless and drug users by giving them a place to stay, warm food and a shower in exchange for attending Chapel services. I'm a Christian so I'm excited to work here!

As for the work itself, my primary role will be Desktop but because the IT staff is so small (Manager +1) I'll be responsible for a lot more than just end users. I'll be helping out with Server/network administration as well as design and development. So an MCSE and Cisco concentrators are going to really come in handy!
  • Options
    Very cool. I will keep my fingers and toes crossed that the interview goes well.
  • Options
    Passed the 70-270 today! 788 - Not the best score but eh, a pass is a pass. That and I only studied for perhaps a combined 4-6hrs. :)

Anyway, on the 70-290 for which I begin class tonight! This will be the first time I've studied for an exam via an Instructor. :)
  • Options
    ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    congrats on the pass and best of luck
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • Options
    Congrats, and good luck on the interview tomorrow!
  • Options
    Thanks guys! *crossing fingers* The position, should I land it, comes with a subscription to the entire CBTNuggets video library so I'm really hoping I get it. :)
  • Options
    aquageekaquageek Member Posts: 152
    Congratulations! Nice work

Let me know what you think of the class.
    You are the systems administrator for a large enterprise that has decided to place computers in the lobby for access to public company information. On Tuesday morning Rooslan storms into your office screaming, "what the hell is this? In the last question I was the systems administrator. Now I am only a "Backup Operator"? This **** is crazy!"
  • Options
    aquageek wrote: »
    Congratulations! Nice work

Let me know what you think of the class.

Wow, what a great class! Well, I should say, what a great instructor! This guy really knows his stuff and he really knows how to explain things in a common sense way. The course material is offical MS (2273B) stuff so not too much to get excited about there.

Looking forward to it for sure. Oh, and it's through Computer Training in Eagan, Minnesota for all levels of IT instruction
  • Options
    Bokeh wrote: »
    Congrats, and good luck on the interview tomorrow!

Well, the interview is over and done with and I feel very good about it. I was there for two hours and I feel I answered all of their questions succinctly and appropriately. They even had me role-play a support situation, never had that done before. :) Anyway, they finish up with the interviews tomorrow and hope to notify the hiree by mid-next week.

*crossing fingers*

:)
  • Options
    genXrcist wrote: »
    Well, the interview is over and done with and I feel very good about it. I was there for two hours and I feel I answered all of their questions succinctly and appropriately. They even had me role-play a support situation, never had that done before. :) Anyway, they finish up with the interviews tomorrow and hope to notify the hiree by mid-next week.

*crossing fingers*

:)

The results are in and I was offered the job today! I'll be making significantly less money than I was at my last job but that was to be expected since this is a Non-Profit. On the positive side, I'm going to get a lot of hands on experience to the entire network/server infratructure side of things so I'm excited about that! And of course, this job comes with Benefits which was a really important factor considering my wife is self-employed and has a pre-existing condition. So, all in all I'm sure I'll be happy and I'm looking forward to my Feb. 9th start date. :)

Thanks all!
  • Options
    Devin McCloudDevin McCloud Member Posts: 133
    Sacrificing pay for experience is well worth it. Be happy you got a job. Get as much experience as you can. Some of US can not find any work in IT.
    The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.
  • Options
    Sacrificing pay for experience is well worth it. Be happy you got a job. Get as much experience as you can. Some of US can not find any work in IT.

Agreed. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful to begin work again and not because I particularily needed to financially. I am ecstatic for the opportunity to really get the hands on experience that will certainly pay off handsomely in the future. :)

Good luck in your continued job search!!