Audio Problems

skppy419skppy419 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm having a problem making my sound work on my computer. When I open the device manager the Multimedia Audio Controller has "Other Devices" is shown as the Device Type. I tried reinstalling the drivers but it ends up not finding any. I've tried updating the drivers and that has the same result. I have an integrated sound card on the motherboard and I would like some suggestions on what to do. I'm not great with computers but I'm learning so anything would be helpful. If anyone can help me at all I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Comments

• janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    You may have tried this already. It works for me sometimes.

Go to Device Manager, right click the device and click uninstall(it may say delete) on the pop-up window. Next reboot the computer and let PNP take over and reinstall it.

Otherwise, I'm not sure.

Is this a new PC or have you installed a new OS recently? If it's a new OS, search on the i-Net and try to find a driver that is said to be for the new OS and install it.

Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    This is on-board audio, so make sure your motherboard drivers are up-to date. What kind of board do you have? There may also be a setting in BIOS, but probably bad drivers for the board I would think.
    i remain, he who remains to be....