Options

Are MS purposely trying to make 2008 difficult to understand?

mr2nutmr2nut Member Posts: 269
Windows Server 2008 technical documentation, downloads, and additional resources

Have a quick look at this link. Why is there so many different versions of Active Directory services? Why can't they just have ADUC like 2003? :-S

Comments

• Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    A lot of it is subtle name changes really.

e.g.
    What you know as 'Active Directory' is now called Active Directory Domain Services.
    Certificate Services has been renamed to Active Directory Certificate Services.
    What was AD Application Mode (ADAM) in 2003 is now called AD Lightweight Directory Services.
    As far as I know, AD Rights Management Services is a better, improved version of Windows Right Management Services from 2003 and AD Federation Services was available (to some extent) in 2003 R2.

Don't worry about it, chances are you've seen or heard of most of these before, and if not that article is a good place to start :)
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    pwjohnstonpwjohnston Member Posts: 441
    bertieb wrote: »
    A lot of it is subtle name changes really.

Don't worry about it, chances are you've seen or heard of most of these before, and if not that article is a good place to start :)

>Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS)

It's a good thing that they're getting a jump on the whole Federation thing. We didn't need to wait 200 years for those damn Vulcans to get here.

(yes I know this comment is going to secure my nerddom.)
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Have you learned about the Active Directory Activation Diversion Activity Definitions yet?