Options

My High School wrestling interview

lildeezullildeezul Member Posts: 404
heres what fox8 did..

name = Marcus Cain.

http://www.myfox8.com/sports/prepprofile/wghp-prep-parkland-streak-090127,0,3039045.story

Parkland High school has a 122 match win streak, and we are currently 2x state champions for the dual, and 2x state champions for the tourney, so that makes us 4x state champions consecutively..
NHSCA National All-American Wrestler 135lb

Comments

• Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Just watched the video and I have to say that's extremely impressive, 122 match winning streak, that doesn't happen to often icon_surprised.gif That's awesome that you got into the news report too.

I wish I had your motivation back in highschool. That's impressive that your so young and have so many certs. You will go far, very far.

Also, are you going to get scholarships for college with wrestling? If you do that would be amazing, free ride through college, with the price of college that alone is worth it. :D
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Wow, you're still in HS and you're halfway done with your NP?

Nice interview :D
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »
    Wow, you're still in HS and you're halfway done with your NP?

That's seriously the first thing to come to my mind. Truly impressive!

When I was in highschool, it was all about how little time can I spend studying, and how much time can I hang out with my friends. If only I had a ounce of motivation back then that lildeezul has.

-Bender
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The hard work and focus that sports requires can pay big dividends when you're also lucky enough to have coaches that also stress and promote academic achievement.

Plus those skills could come in handy if you ever have to wrestle a 6500 into a rack by yourself during your first Summer Internship in college. icon_lol.gif

Good Job! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Plus those skills could come in handy if you ever have to wrestle a 6500 into a rack by yourself during your first Summer Internship in college. icon_lol.gif

bowrofl.gif
  • Options
    haha, my dad informed me on how heavy those 6500's switches are, so i think my wrestling skiils should come in handy icon_lol.gif

I belive it was 7th or 8th grade, and I was motivated to build pc, so me and my dad together, bought all the necessary parts, and we put it all together and it didnt work. (bummer. processor type wasnt supported by motherboard).. i got real discourage, and didnt want to try anymore, but my dad insisted, and i tried again, and my second attempt was successful. I really enjoyed building computers, but then i started reading on the internet, and messing with the netgear router, changing the DHCP pool, and wireless channel, ect. ect..

My dad always said "boy stop messing with our network".. But as a child, i kept pursuing lol. My dad got tired of it, and he gave me the todd lammle book 4th edition that he had lying around.. He figured i would be interested in it. so i read and read and read.

The OSI model was easy to understand and the encapsulation/decapsulation method was understandble, but once i started reading the TCP/IP chapter and subnetting, i was like " man what the heck was this... """ i stop reading for a while, but when 9th grade started, i really got pumped to read this book and understand what was going on. My dad brought home 2-2611 from work that i could practice on while studying, so that really helped. But i kept reading and was really motivated, i looked at many different resources , i started posting topics on this forum ( i still remember those topics, i look back and say "dang i posted that" ) when 10th grade started, I bought the 6th edition of lammle's book, and odoms book, much later. But i kept studying, had some equipment to practice on, i asked alot of question on this forum. I set up NAT on my home network, (quickly took it off, becuase i had no security hehe) I was totally ready... I even studied with my dad's boss. He really helped out , and i got to be around him alot. Passed the CCNA in the summer going to 11th grade. Then took the security + exam, then BSCI, then BCMSN..

I got discourage at first with the pc, but i kept trying and trying, and was really motivated.

hopefully i do get a full ride for wrestling, but its hard, becuase most colleges give scholarship more to football, but its not impossible.

I just fear of getting too much certs, without the experience, and have job employees question me about it, when i am looking for a job. so, after ISCW, its back to CCNA-S and JNCIA.
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Way to go. Maybe your dad will pay to let you sit the CCIE before you go to college? :D
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    loxleynewloxleynew Member Posts: 405
    You make me feel like a dumbass for being so lazy and not studying. J/k congrats and gl getting a scholarship somewhere.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Outstanding work! Congratulations and keep it up!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    Wow, congratulations on all of your success! Keep going.
  • Options
    I updated the link..

Thanks everyone
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What was up with them spelling your name wrong though? I'd be sure to double-check that if the guy could kill me with his bare hands icon_eek.gif
  • Options
    Yeah they spelled it Marcus kane.. but alot of people mistaken Cain for Kane
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »
    What was up with them spelling your name wrong though? I'd be sure to double-check that if the guy could kill me with his bare hands icon_eek.gif

lol, no kiddin!

-Bender