70-270 in a week

z3pxz3px Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys, I've been "cram" studying for the 70-270 this week. I'm taking the test Friday, but I'm passing all the practice exams I'm taking. I did this same thing back in september with 70-290 and passed. One question, are there simulators on the 270 test?
Also, im studying with the Microsoft press book and transcender prep exams and study guide. Same thing i used for 290.

Comments

• genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    I just took the 70-270 about 2 hours ago and didn't get a single Sim. Good luck!
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • z3pxz3px Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thats very good to hear. Non of the practice exams I'm going through have them, and there are very few screenshot questions that I can find as well. From what I can tell, it mostly covers deployments, EFS/NTFS/Share permissions, Offline file settings, and hardware related troubleshooting things. Anything else I should be focusing on?
  • genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    z3px wrote: »
    Thats very good to hear. Non of the practice exams I'm going through have them, and there are very few screenshot questions that I can find as well. From what I can tell, it mostly covers deployments, EFS/NTFS/Share permissions, Offline file settings, and hardware related troubleshooting things. Anything else I should be focusing on?

I would suggest reviewing IIS, ICS and really knowing what the effective permissions are in NTFS/Shared folder scenarios. Microsoft gives you plenty of time so take it easy and mark the questions you're unsure about for review. In my opinion, you either will or won't know some of their weird, obscure questions so I wouldn't spend too much time on any one question. :)
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • mr2nutmr2nut Member Posts: 269
    If you have the knowledge to pass 290, then you should be able to fly through 270 to be fair.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    mr2nut wrote: »
    If you have the knowledge to pass 290, then you should be able to fly through 270 to be fair.

Except for all the deployment material. I think that's what trips people up the most.
    That's about the only thing I was worried about.
    Passed!!!! Score: 842. I thought it was actually easier than the Transcender tests. Easier than the 290. Not nearly as many deployment questions as I was expecting.

Now on to either 291 or go to A+. I'm planning on doing the A+,Net+ substitution for the MCSA. I think I can finish all of it by May.