Options

Failed 70-270 Again!

sixfeetdeepsixfeetdeep Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just took the 70-270 exam again for the second time and failed again! I studied using Transcender, and other related materials. I feel discouraged and disappointed. Transcender helped me with the A+ & Net+ exams, but did not come through for me on this one even after the update. What do I do now?

b

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sorry to hear about the fail. What was your score?

What were your weak areas? There's not much to do besides brush up on those.
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Did you go over the TechNotes on this site? It's a must if you haven't.

Keep at it though, you'll get there.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    I bet you just barely failed and another 1-2 questions answered correctly was all you needed to pass! :)

Did you feel good about the exam going in?
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • Options
    dsilenzidsilenzi Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I did not pass my first time(609), used Transcender only. You def. need to read some other sources(since I have not reaken it again can't tell U more at this point, planning to take nxt week)! Read Transcender explanations thoroughly too. From reading here I think its a tough cookie to pass. Also Transcender gurantees their exams(moneyback) also I guess MS has free retake going on now! No cookbooking on this exam!
  • Options
    gravyjoegravyjoe Member Posts: 260
    Sorry to hear about the fail. I took the test 3 times before passing it. The only difference was.. the 3rd time around, I read the whole MS Press book from beginning to end. If you do so (and know it), then you will not fail.

To be honest, the 270 could test about anything (even modems and dial-up connections). Two subjects you want to know for sure are security templates and Share/NTFS permissions.
    The biggest risk in life is not taking one.
  • Options
    Big JizayBig Jizay Member Posts: 269
    Transcender is a great tool, and I use it too, but make sure that you don't just rely on it alone. If you don't one of them already, I recommend getting the MS Press Book or the Sybex book. Both of these are great. With Transcender, and other practice test, don't rely on memorizing the answers. Whatever questions you miss, understand why you got them wrong. Transcender usually has good explanations to go with their questions.
    The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I would make sure to know RIS, Sec templates, Permissions, and how to do unattended installs with answer files. It really depends on how much experience you have with XP. I took it and failed the first time with a 685 and didnt study a thing. I then brushed up on RIS, Sec templates and passed on my second shot offer that I used hence the reason I didnt study the first time. Oh ya also know local GP's that helps. Best of luck. Just study up on the areas that you struggled on from the sheet you got.
  • Options
    gravyjoegravyjoe Member Posts: 260
    I would make sure to know RIS, Sec templates, Permissions, and how to do unattended installs with answer files. It really depends on how much experience you have with XP. I took it and failed the first time with a 685 and didnt study a thing. I then brushed up on RIS, Sec templates and passed on my second shot offer that I used hence the reason I didnt study the first time. Oh ya also know local GP's that helps. Best of luck. Just study up on the areas that you struggled on from the sheet you got.

He's definitely right about the subjects. Know those very good.
    The biggest risk in life is not taking one.