Options

71-505

You might remeber that before the boards changed over I'd gone for the Beta of 70-505 Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, Windows Forms Application Development. I was pretty convinced I'd failed it, the majority of the questions were tailored around new features of .NET 3.5 a lot of which I've never used before and a good few which I'd have no intention of using. However I popped on the MS transcript page to check out my shiny new MCSE qualification and low-and-behold there was 505 sitting on my transcript. I've not had scoring bars through for it yet, but once I do (assuming you get them for a beta...?) I'll let you know how much I scraped it by :D

Comments

• Options
    elaverick1981elaverick1981 Member Posts: 161
    Just got my score report through today. Bang on 700 for it (which is damn lucky considering how Beta exams are marked).
    I aced two sections (Enhancing Usability and Deploying Windows Forms Controls), did moderatly in all the rest with the exception of Integrating Data in a Windows Forms Application which was only about 1/3rd full.

As I said previously, this exam seemed more like an advert for .NET 3.5 over 2.0 rather than any practical knowledge of the subject. Know your LINQ and Databinding (which clearly I didn't :) ), and skim over asyncronous programming methods and printing. At least that's how the Beta was arranged
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,035 Admin
    Good job! Thanks for the insight.
  • Options
    sdocsdoc Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am considering taking the MCTS certification exams and I hadn't read about the 71-505 until i came across this post and the notice about the beta exam. What exactly is the difference i the two exams? both are 3.5 based correct?
  • Options
    sdoc wrote: »
    I am considering taking the MCTS certification exams and I hadn't read about the 71-505 until i came across this post and the notice about the beta exam. What exactly is the difference i the two exams? both are 3.5 based correct?

It's the same exam. The beta exams are issued before the real exam is released, they are used to check if questions are correct and sensible. The main differences are that the beta exam is longer (more questions) and that not all of your answers will be counted (some get knocked off if there are problems with them).
  • Options
    Hmm well it looks like Cyrillic doesn't work on the board. I think that's spam... unless he's asking about programing metal detectors with .NET...
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,035 Admin
    The Russian spam-bots seem to have a sudden liking for this forum. icon_mad.gif