I passed the Hardcore but barely and now Im A+ certified

x_Danny_xx_Danny_x Member Posts: 312 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just passed the Hardcore exam and I just finished taking my New Horizons class of Network+ yesterday on Saturday.

I looked back at my scores and I just barely passed both exams

I think you needed to get a 515 on the Software and 531 on the Hardcore I think!

Anyway I just passed both exams with a 535 on the Software and 541 on the Hardcore one. How can I improve my score, any study methods?

I did talk one guy who is Microsoft certified and while taking the test of the A+ and N+ he believed that he could of gotten all of them right, he was shocked when he had gotten a scored of 700's on all three exams

How does Comptia grade their exams?
There There, Its okay to feel GUILTY...........There is no SIN in PLEASURE!

Comments

• quickpotquickpot Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Don't worry.. some people are just really smart but not good test takers. Sometimes these test questions can be real tricky and their wording can be really confusing (I had my share of this with Cisco exams..). Just because you scored low does not mean you don't have the knowledge to work on the field. A pass is a pass and prospective employers will not ask for your score anyways. Don't worry about it and try to review the areas you were weak on (it should be on the report from what I remember).

And Congrats!

What are your future plans?
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • istgirlistgirl Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey, a pass is a pass. Good for you! :D
    Tech Support Tip #2: When the support agent says "Click...", wait for the rest of the sentence.

Hot Tip #3: Be sure to turn it on before calling technical support.
  • jasoninazjasoninaz Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Goodwork my friend!
  • x_Danny_xx_Danny_x Member Posts: 312 ■■□□□□□□□□
    quickpot wrote:
    Don't worry.. some people are just really smart but not good test takers. Sometimes these test questions can be real tricky and their wording can be really confusing (I had my share of this with Cisco exams..). Just because you scored low does not mean you don't have the knowledge to work on the field. A pass is a pass and prospective employers will not ask for your score anyways. Don't worry about it and try to review the areas you were weak on (it should be on the report from what I remember).

And Congrats!

What are your future plans?

Thanks for all the positive responds guys.

@Quickpot, thanks for the info. I study my butt off for the Hardcore cause I come from a programming background and to have a score of just barely passing kinda made sad a bit. I gave so much effort to the test and having the score that i got made me depressed.

Yes, your are right, I'm a very bad test taker but a pass is a pass like you said

My future plans? Well Im in the Cyberg Defenders program with the computer learning center called New Horizons.

That program has a list of certifications that I must pass, which the Cisco is one of them. I posted the list in the "General Certifications" forum.

Im kinda scared of the Cisco when I get up to it, cause you need to get like 85% to pass and I heard that 90% of people fail the test when taking it the first time.

I guess I will worry about it when I get up to it, I have to worry about the Network+ and MCSA first before the Cisco
    There There, Its okay to feel GUILTY...........There is no SIN in PLEASURE!
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats, x_Danny_x!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • lsealslseals Member Posts: 240
    Congrats
    24 Hours in a day...24 Beers in a case...Coincidence?