Options

BCMSN redux tomorrow morning - Update failed 778, but it gets interesting

jmoorsejmoorse Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Still burning from my first ever failure

Worked quite a bit on STP, redundancy and voice

Anyone want to bet on my chances of getting a section on PVLAN configuration?

UPDATE - Failed with a 778 but get this, I had no less than 3 questions on OSPF, IPv6 route summarization and IPv6>4 tunneling. Did I totally miss this in the BCMSN curriculum?

UPDATE 2/18: after working with Cisco support for 2 weeks it appears those questions were non-graded pilot questions. Time to schedule a retake...
To err is human.

Comments

• Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck mate, go and get it!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear you failed, but your almost like 1 or 2 questions from passing ;)
  • Options
    jmoorsejmoorse Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    UPDATE

I have a ticket open with Cisco cert support to see what the heck those 3+ questions were. They look to me like BCSI material...
    To err is human.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sounds strange!!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    ciscojay-houstonciscojay-houston Banned Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My previous thread was deleted because of too much information- so here's my reply-

Yes, I concur that I saw the same type of information on my exams. This is on the list of topics to be covered on the exam. This is for end to end switching.
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Be careful guys, you are treading closely to the grey area of the NDA, when discussing specific questions. FWIW.icon_wink.gif:)
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    No mention of specific questions, dude... just topics covered. And discussion of the exam blueprint is always encouraged.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.
  • Options
    aragoen_celtdraaragoen_celtdra Member Posts: 246
    jmoorse wrote: »
    Still burning from my first ever failure

Worked quite a bit on STP, redundancy and voice

Anyone want to bet on my chances of getting a section on PVLAN configuration?

UPDATE - Failed with a 778 but get this, I had no less than 3 questions on OSPF, IPv6 route summarization and IPv6>4 tunneling. Did I totally miss this in the BCMSN curriculum?

Sheeshh! Sorry to hear. Just get back up that saddle and go for it. I have no doubt you'll pass the next time. Next time you update, I'm confident it will be a more positive one. ;)
    CCIE Wr: In Progress...
    Hours CCIE Wr Prep: 309:03:52
    Follow my study progress at Route My World!
    My CCIE Thread