Options

When does Cisco update their tests?

gehrig44gehrig44 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well, I just completed my Network+. Luckily, I was able to grab information on these boards as to what version of the test to take. CompTIA just released a new objectives test.

My question is about ICDN1/ICDN2 tests. When do these test get updated? When they get do get updated, do the test numbers change? So, will the next ICDN1 exam be 640-823? I couldn't find this info on Cisco's website.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Cisco announces any major changes to the exams about 5-6 months before the changes take effect (or the old exams retire). And the old exams you passed are "still good." You can check the Cisco Certification Tracking System or The Cisco Learning Network sites to figure out the mix 'n match options of old/new exam to earn the Certification if/when it changes.

The exams probably are constantly updated -- check the text at the beginning of the Exam Topics section of any exam blueprint:
    The following topics are general guidelines for the content likely to be included on the Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 exam. However, other related topics may also appear on any specific delivery of the exam. In order to better reflect the contents of the exam and for clarity purposes, the guidelines below may change at any time without notice
    When there is a major change or update Cisco will/might renumber the exam. You probably won't find any information about an exam that doesn't exist or hasn't been announced yet.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!